BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

After messing sbout with my m6 (trying to do a reprogram), I have now managed to loose any sound from the audion side of things (CD, Radio).. Telephone and all the other beeps work, but thats it...can get the test tune working in INPA etc.

Have taken traces of all the units, have attached them below.. not sure which one is the one which needs adjusting.. also my CID file is blank.. is this right??

all help appreciated..

View attachment audio.txt

View attachment cans.txt

View attachment cappl.txt

View attachment cgate.txt

View attachment ctune.txt

View attachment amp.txt

View attachment chost.txt

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can someone check their cgate file.. does it say this

AUDIO_SYSTEM
e60_top_hifi
pl2_top_hifi
e70_top_hifi

im not sure if it should be something like this one instead

BEEP_CONTROL_CG1
e60_top_hifi
e63_top_hifi
e61_top_hifi
e64_top_hifi

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have an 07, so the lines of code may not be exactly the same. Most of your attachments are similar to mine, although I seem to have more code in each than you do. I didn't compare them line by line.

I attached my virgin CGATE and CID modules for you to view as a .txt file

You may want to try writing a blank .MAN file to your CGATE module, and/or the 'entire car', which should restore all the modules back to your virgin state. Then you can reprogram what you want. You may also try a battery disconnect for a few minutes, and see if that restores your audio

Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
once again you are a star.. my cgate is the same as yours by the looks of it.. will try the cid and a battery disconnect...

will keep you informed... all of this just to try and get that headlamp coded!!!!!! and it still didnt work!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried them both, but still no sound... put your CID file into the man file and write that and it comes up ok, but when i read it its still blank..

think it might end up being a dealer job after all!!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Last shot. Write a blank .MAN to the entire car. Let it go into sleep mode and then retry. If you do wind up at the dealer, might as well get the latest versions for the car well

Wish I could lend more help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts