BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

No problems

765 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pghmailman 
#1 · (Edited)
You read so many threads about this or that failing, but after buying my M5 in Feb and getting the new driveshaft, guibo and wheel - I've had no problems. Those things were all missed in the PPI. The FSU is the only thing that failed. We've had two vacations in the Beast and it's just been so much fun to drive, I can't see putting it away except for when the roads get the slushy and salty. I love the seats and the seat heaters, the best I've had on any car and that S62 engine warms up pretty fast. I stay real conservative when it's cold (32F and colder) and don't exceed 2500 RPM until the normal caution lights go out on the tach. I change the oil myself with TWS every 3000 miles and the filter on every other change. In 16,132 miles this year I'm on my second set of tires and loving every minute of it. Wow, do these engines pull strong even in stock form without having to rev the heck out of them - love the torque provided by the VANOS. These are truly great driving machines and family friendly too with the back seat and trunk! Best car I've ever owned!

#2 ·
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Well said, Jim. I can still see the grin on your face as you typed this ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.