BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago we were all discussing the high number of E34 M5's for sale on autotrader and ebay.

Since then alot of M5's have dissapeared from ebay and autotrader only has 6 of them on there.

Hopefully prices will begin to stabalise again!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Cyrus said:
A few weeks ago we were all discussing the high number of E34 M5's for sale on autotrader and ebay.

Since then alot of M5's have dissapeared from ebay and autotrader only has 6 of them on there.

Hopefully prices will begin to stabalise again!
I withdrew mine from sale some months ago,

It appears the market has determined that I won't get what I want for the car - around £11k, so I'll keep it - and having just renewed the warranty for another year, & will probably lay it up, just using it for the occasional Track Day.

It's worth more to me than the (mainly derisory) offers I've been made, now that everything actually works !!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
FinalEditionE34M5 said:

It appears the market has determined that I won't get what I want for the car - around £11k, so I'll keep it - and having just renewed the warranty for another year, & will probably lay it up, just using it for the occasional Track Day.

It's worth more to me than the (mainly derisory) offers I've been made, now that everything actually works !!
I don't blame you, I wouldn't part with mine for less than £9k. A price that at the moment i would be dreaming of actually getting.

Seems us E34 M5 admirers are drying up...? :crying:

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
FinalEditionE34M5 said:

Terry
For what its worth, I think your car is a lovely thing. I would attempt to buy it but my other half would cut off my bits & glue them to the hood where the badge sits.

I guess I have this feeling that buying your car would be like GROUNDHOG DAY
all over again.
I would do the same things Ive already done with my car again & again.

I still love your car though, even though common sense tells me to run away.

All the best
Farrell

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
FinalEditionE34M5 said:

Although I am sorry to hear that the car did not sell for the price you wanted I am glad that you are keeping the car.

I think there are other E34 lovers out there but at present there a a number of other cars that are available that are very cheaply priced. I think that in time E34 will become as rare as E30 M3 but only time will tell.....

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I think they (3.8's) are more scarce than E30 M3's anyway, but mentioning that model I cant believe that E30's seem to sell for 7+K no bother, yet upto '93 e34's are stuggling to sell for more than 6k. My tuppence worth.

Phil.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Phlem5 said:
I think they are more scarce than E30 M3's anyway, but mentioning that model I cant believe that E30's seem to sell for 7+K no bother, yet upto '93 e34's are stuggling to sell for more than 6k. My tuppence worth.

Phil.
Probably because the M3 doesn't cost as much to maintain (tyres, petrol, parts, etc).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts