BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. This my first thread. I just bought a 2000 m5 and was wondering if the steath1 will still work since i have no nav computer. The previous owner swapped out the stock nav for an alpine deck. Please let me know if i can still use the stealth1/v1 combo in my m5.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Yes.

But that is just an educated guess.

The S1 uses the I bus to send various commands. Any commands to the Nav, which would normally display on the Nav screen MIGHT be ignored. I am not sure if the Ibus commands are routed through the nav or go directly to the display. I think the former.

Regardless, the display just under the speedo and tach will work with the s1, so no worries. I don't use the Nav display anyway- interferes with maps and radio display and I'd rather just look at one location (just below the speedo) when I get an alert.

A

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

WILL THE STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS STILL WORK WITHOUT THE NAV COMPUTER????????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, but I really don't want to join another forum. I was hoping that someone here has an aftermarket Stereo with no nav computer and has there v1/s1 working perfectly(steering wheel controls and all).

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
JAFO said:
Thanks for the link, but I really don't want to join another forum. I was hoping that someone here has an aftermarket Stereo with no nav computer and has there v1/s1 working perfectly(steering wheel controls and all).
So send them an email....

Not many M5s without a nav computer... not many with Stealth Ones... to find one with both is highly unlikely.

Next post will prove me wrong! :)

A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts