BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to a company to get my V-Max Limiter completely removed. The additional modul can be installed within one hour and as you can see it works fine.

We wanted more but the but the test rig was only until 280.

Here is the Link

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Very interesting.

A few questions for you rem:

(1) What did it cost?
(2) How does it affect your BMW warranty?
(3) What other warranty (if any) was offered for the modification?
(4) How does the car drive now? Is it more responsive?
(5) How is your fuel economy affected?

:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ashok Arora said:
Very interesting.

A few questions for you rem:

(1) What did it cost?
(2) How does it affect your BMW warranty?
(3) What other warranty (if any) was offered for the modification?
(4) How does the car drive now? Is it more responsive?
(5) How is your fuel economy affected?

:M5thumbs:
(1) 1498 €uros
(2) No idea because the modul isn't shown at BMW Diagnostic, so for them the car is a standard car
(3) You can get an additional Waranty from Wetterauer until 3 years 100°000 km
(4) Nothing chances except the V-max is delimited
(5) Fuel consumption is the same as standard you don't gain HP

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Did they have any proof that the Bmw dealer would not see that it had been tampered with?

Im sure that a diagnostic machine would be able to turn up any differences.

With the porsche 996 turbo engine, every time the computer has been touched, then an electronic tag is left. Im sure that the e60 engine is more advanced and thus must have the same sort of thing?

all the best
adam

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
rem said:
Yesterday I went to a company to get my V-Max Limiter completely removed. The additional modul can be installed within one hour and as you can see it works fine.

Very nice!!!!!

BTW, what tires are you running? Are those PZero Corsa's?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Adam said:
Did they have any proof that the Bmw dealer would not see that it had been tampered with?

Im sure that a diagnostic machine would be able to turn up any differences.

With the porsche 996 turbo engine, every time the computer has been touched, then an electronic tag is left. Im sure that the e60 engine is more advanced and thus must have the same sort of thing?

all the best
adam
I'm asolutely sure it doesn't show it, we did a diagnose today at my dealer only because we wanted to know if it should appear or not :hihi: . And the computer is being untouched the module is in front of the "computer" and only affects the speed signal which is transfered from the speed sensor to it.

vndkshn said:
It will be interesting to see if you can get it up to 200+ as stated by BMW...
Yes, Wetterauer did a test and they speed it up to 335 km/h :eek:oohhh: ., and mine has been tested only up to 300 in P400 mode they even forgot to enable the P500 Mode.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Out of curiosity, where does one get to do 335km/h (208+mph)? Tracks don't have straights with sufficient length. Many excellent roads will allow you to hit 300, but that last 35 requires considerably more length and other traffic, road imperfections, etc., becomes more problematic

Tom

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
rem said:
Yes, Wetterauer did a test and they speed it up to 335 km/h :eek:oohhh: ., and mine has been tested only up to 300 in P400 mode they even forgot to enable the P500 Mode.
My meaning is to test on an actual road surface, where the car has to cut 200+mph wind. I think BMW's claim of 205 is gearing, and what can be done on a dyno, not on the road/track.

·
Registered
24 Posts
rem said:
Yes, it is :haha2:
Do they have any UK dealers? sounds awesome. I am thinking of getting mine looked at by the guys and dms automotive, www.dmsautomotive.com. Their conversion is expected to liberate another 45 BHP and a delimit. I must confess though, that I am nervous about invalidating my warranty even if I do have their stand alone one.

:flag:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
easy_driver said:
Do they have any UK dealers? sounds awesome. I am thinking of getting mine looked at by the guys and dms automotive, www.dmsautomotive.com. Their conversion is expected to liberate another 45 BHP and a delimit. I must confess though, that I am nervous about invalidating my warranty even if I do have their stand alone one.

:flag:
I don't know check with them :rolleyes: .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts