BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10,458 Posts
Gustav said:
Go to the sppnsor nav-tv.com?
They sell navigation computers? I thought they just did the tv units...

ALEV8, check around at some of the mail order dealerships. I bought mine about a year ago for 1100, at the time, dealer cost on a mk4 nav was about a grand. (i do believe i got in right before a price increase though, as my parts guy said they had 2 pn's for an 03 e39 dvd nav, the $1000 unit and a unit that wholsaled at $1400, i bought the cheaper ;) )
Mike

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Gustav said:
Go to the sppnsor nav-tv.com?
Gee, that 'sponsor' doesn't sell to the "Public"... why bother?

(I also think they only sell tv kits not NAV units)

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Sorry my mistake.

ard, I didnt understand "doesnt sell to the public"? Are you saying nav-tv.com is only accepting orders through retailers?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Gustav said:
Sorry my mistake.

ard, I didnt understand "doesnt sell to the public"? Are you saying nav-tv.com is only accepting orders through retailers?
I think that's what he is saying. I called about two months ago and they told me the same thing. They gave me the name of two installers in my area that were authorized to perform the work.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am depressed. :crying: Bimmernav's upgrade kit to widescreen and dvd was awesome. Guess I got to go the e-bay route. I hate that, people always run up the price at the last seconds, you end up overpaying for items that you might all well bought outright. Oh well.
Anybody have any other locations to buy? :crying2:

Joe

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Gustav said:
Sorry my mistake.

Yep- zero individual support. They just give you the name and phone number of the nearest 'dealer' in your area. I trust no one to modify my electronics- most installers are hacks at best- so why get them involved in my projects?

Their local dealer doesn't know what's in the kit- insisted that the car antenna doesn't work ("It uses a difference signal, sir") and doubts they sell BMW antenna amplifiers...
He's never done a BMW install- why should I pay a premium to train them?

Even worse, there is no list of dealers- so you are stuck with no choice and no ability to shop...

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
boostmiser said:
I think that's what he is saying. I called about two months ago and they told me the same thing. They gave me the name of two installers in my area that were authorized to perform the work.
Yes, perhaps ask them if they've ever actually installed one....

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Wow that is not good. I think I need to call them and tell them to update their site and retailer chain. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
ard said:
Yes, perhaps ask them if they've ever actually installed one....
Believe it or not, the dealer in Philly did perform a few...at least he said so. The questions he asked me and the answers he gave to my questions led me to trust the guy. Other things, like my clutch, need to be performed first though.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Gustav,

Their right. I called them way back i.e. more than 6 months ago when we first started that big discussion (thread) on Nav/TV options. Their nice enough people and very friendly helpful but don' sell to individual members. They only refer you to someone on their books who car their product.

Cheers,
War

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Hey Guys-

I'm lazy- plus 6 months ago I was not paying much attention to adding TV to a car I didn't have... but I don't recall the big discussion.

Is there a strong interest in a Group Buy for a video upgrade?
I've spent considerable time on BMWNAV and Hack the I Bus groups at yahoo, and feel I am closing in on a solution. (Actually the one I have in mind isn't commercial yet.)

Give me some feedback- maybe I'll do a poll on folks interests and price points....

A

1 - 13 of 13 Posts