BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are no holds in my front bumper, do I need to drill to put in front license plate cover?

-Kmac

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, so no license plate it is....

I can just see me drilling off center....

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
IMHO I hate front plates. Destroys the looks of The M5.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Zip tie the plate to the black grille beneath the bumper, and put foam on the back of the plate to prevent damage to the paint.

Reactions: Kmac

·
Registered
430 Posts
i put dynamat on the back of my plate (both front and rear). rear so it doesnt vibrate from the m-audio subs... but front so when i install it for long road trips i do not risk damaging/scratching anything.
I didn't think the M-Audio subs were good enough to cause plate rattle. Maybe I should test mine out.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
i installed dynamat on the plate just to avoid it, i do not know if it ever did it to begin with. i also did the trunk lid as well so the carpet/tool kit do not rattle either. i still have to do the lower portion, and walls of the trunk. weather here doesnt let me get too much done, so things have been put on hold.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I am relocating to a state with front plates. I am so no happy about this.
Even though I live in NY I do all my paperwork/registration in Florida at Moms Crib, for this exact reason

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I am relocating to a state with front plates. I am so no happy about this.
I've never had a front plate on - & here it's required.
Generally, the police have better things to do, like enforce illegal immigration, oh, wait, it's Mass, never mind ;)

So long as you 'show' the plate at the inspection process, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I may or may not live in an area called Massachusetts that requires front plates and I may or may not temporarily install it with twist ties during the inspection process only.

Of course, Mass is a bit of an exception - if you have an old plate you still only have 1, it is only the new plate applications that get 2...

d-

·
Registered
864 Posts
I live in NY and never have or never will put a front plate on my car. I think it destroys the look. If you have to put zip ties on the lower bumper grill:cheers:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I live in NY and never have or never will put a front plate on my car. I think it destroys the look. If you have to put zip ties on the lower bumper grill:cheers:
NYPD don't play with no front plates....

·
Registered
864 Posts
NYPD can be a pain with it, but in LI they got better things to do. I have been stopped but they just run my license and tell me to put it in on the windsheld. knock on wood

·
Registered
224 Posts
Where can I get a licence plate bracket. I live in a front plate state as well

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
NYPD can be a pain with it, but in LI they got better things to do. I have been stopped but they just run my license and tell me to put it in on the windsheld. knock on wood

You mean they're are other things that they can do besides harass innocent people?? 9 out of 10 times they say "Well buddy, we pulled you over because this car fits the description of a vehicle used in a crime an hour ago". Then the usual, they pull me out sit me on my back bumper run license, registration, even the VIN sometimes!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts