1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
If id live in new york id totally be with you they look horrible

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I'M FROM NY BUT I ROCK FLORIDA PLATES FOR THIS EXACT REASON...AND INSURANCE..

·
Registered
288 Posts
just signed the petition - hopefully no more excuses for being pulled to the side at the toll both. only happens 1in5 times

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'M FROM NY BUT I ROCK FLORIDA PLATES FOR THIS EXACT REASON...AND INSURANCE..
You can get away with no front plate with an out-of-state?

Because I moved from LA and still have California plates on my car and I haven't got a ticket yet but I wasn't aware I would be exempt from the no-front plate laws.

I will keep my car registered in CA, even though I plan on staying in NY forever if the out-of-state thing is true.

I hate front plates with a passion!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
just signed the petition - hopefully no more excuses for being pulled to the side at the toll both. only happens 1in5 times
Boy, that sucks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
it does when the wife starts harassing you to put it on and your excuse for not putting it on is it doesn't look good. then she goes its not like your are going to sleep with it. then I go I wish I could :blabla::1zhelp: I have an obsession

·
Registered
336 Posts
I hate front plate (don't have one on my 997TT) and just signed the petition but there are some pretty weak reasons to do away with it LOL!

Effect performance/aerodynamics? Come on. Driving in NY with a plate on will effect perf.? Yeah, sitting in traffic most of the time with a plate on will just kill the perf. of my car.

Besides, citing this as a reason may make the legislature KEEP the plate in effect.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have gotten stopped int eh streets on nyc although when they checked my tags and saw that I was from CT, they let me pass.
Even though it's a law in CT too.
Heard of some getting tickets in CT but it's somewhat rare.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Don't even get me started. California just LOVES front license plates. No one used to enforce that law, until they realized it was a good money maker. Now, we are stuck ruining the lines of our cars. Even though it is only a fix it ticket with a small fine, the hassle of being pulled over is just not worth it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am just not willing to deface the front of my car with a plate. I have yet to be stopped but hope the nice copper will understand that the car is actually a thing of beauty. And don't even get me started on the rear plate frame with the dealer logo. I did not buy a moving billboard. I pulled it off and got a plain frame.

·
Moderator Emeritus
1,791 Posts
I am just not willing to deface the front of my car with a plate. I have yet to be stopped but hope the nice copper will understand that the car is actually a thing of beauty. And don't even get me started on the rear plate frame with the dealer logo. I did not buy a moving billboard. I pulled it off and got a plain frame.
A cop understanding you don't want to be ruining the lines of your 90k car. That'll happen.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You will get a ticket in Texas

They will pull you over and I am a believer in the "Just break one law at a time rule" and just in case I am breaking another law at the time...I will just screw a front plate into my front bumper. Better than getting hassled by the cops.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Funny, i never got any hassles from no front plate.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Don't even get me started. California just LOVES front license plates. No one used to enforce that law, until they realized it was a good money maker. Now, we are stuck ruining the lines of our cars. Even though it is only a fix it ticket with a small fine, the hassle of being pulled over is just not worth it.
No problems in L.A. with the cops so far. Now meter maids will give out tickets so I put my plate on the dash (kept wrapped up in glovebox) when parking on the street.

·
Registered
218 Posts
No problems in L.A. with the cops so far. Now meter maids will give out tickets so I put my plate on the dash (kept wrapped up in glovebox) when parking on the street.
Good idea, I guess. Stay away from LAX. I have posted before, wife and kids got pulled over about a year ago for no front plate. I'm sucking it up, but I'm pi**ed.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Good idea, I guess. Stay away from LAX. I have posted before, wife and kids got pulled over about a year ago for no front plate. I'm sucking it up, but I'm pi**ed.
Happened to my ex when she was driving my 996TT. Bike cop made her cry. At the time I was mad when I heard but looking back he was just treating her the way I should have:7: Now this is not to say your wife and kids deserved any of this nonsense.

The bike cops at LAX are bad though I've avoided them the three times I've been to the airport in the last two weeks. Here's how-
Keep your dealer registration sticker in your glovebox and when you get near LAX lean over and stick it on the front right lower where it was before you got your plates. When the bike cop takes a look he'll see the sticker and just assume you don't have your plates yet.
Now, he may look at the rear and it's not as fullproof as my method of dealing with meter maids but I reckon this helps. oh, and park asap rather than waiting by the curb.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts