BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I bought my PS3 on the back of this game coming out last year, and now it's finally happening, I'm actually underwelmed by the cars in the game... I mean, how many variants of the MX5 do you want to drive?!?

Hopefully, new cars will be available as downloads afterwards... including the E39 M5 :)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I haven't seen the E39 M5 in a racing game since Need for Speed Hot Pursuit....YEARS ago....

It's always been strange to me that games like Forza and GT don't include our cars. Even someone of an unbiased opinion can recognize the E39's importance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my PS3 on the back of this game coming out last year, and now it's finally happening, I'm actually underwelmed by the cars in the game... I mean, how many variants of the MX5 do you want to drive?!?

Hopefully, new cars will be available as downloads afterwards... including the E39 M5 :)
I'm in the exact same situation as you, as I purchased my PS3 just to be able to play GT5. I also did the same thing with the PS2 and the GT games.
I'm sitting here thinking they were talking about a 1000 cars, when it is really about 200 cars with a bunch of versions of each of them.

Disappointing.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Overall consensus:

12 Ferraris
5 Porsches
53 GT-R variants
FAIL

·
Registered
832 Posts
This is what I've been waiting for for a long time. A quality video game (Eg. GT or NFS) that includes the E39 M5. I'd love to be able to modify a beast through a video game.
I've also been waiting for a BMW version of dubmodder too.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Gran Turismo is part of the reason I got into cars at an early age. Shame that they haven't learned that no one wants to drive 10 different versions of the same car opposed to 10 different cars. Back in the day I made an informal complaint that there was no M's and a handful of AMG's. I hope they do allow downloads/updates to add cars in the future, but I won't hold my breath :)

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
GT 5 comes out this November..hallelujah!!

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
There's Porsches under the RUF branding. This is due to EA's exclusive rights with Porsche
I wouldn't say "exclusive," since there are tons of Porsches (new and old) in Forza 3, which isn't made by EA.

I'm not surprised that there's no E39 M5, although it wouldn't be a car that I'd drive much in the game, to be honest. The M5 and the M6 are terrible to drive in Forza 3, even fully souped up with a good suspension and serious weight savings. The E39 M5 was also pretty crappy to drive in Need For Speed.

But I'll keep the Xbox for Forza and get a PS3 for GT5. Yes, the car selection may not be as great (with an obvious bias of Japanese brands), but it offers a hell of a lot of different gaming modes and very cool track as well. Yes, Forza has excellent tracks as well but a nice variation isn't bad. I'm gonna love to compare the Nurburgring on these two games.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I haven't seen the E39 M5 in a racing game since Need for Speed Hot Pursuit....YEARS ago....

It's always been strange to me that games like Forza and GT don't include our cars. Even someone of an unbiased opinion can recognize the E39's importance.
I already had forgot the NFS HP. Damn, maybe should try reinstalling for a while just because of the m5. :D the handling wasn't that good though.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I already had forgot the NFS HP. Damn, maybe should try reinstalling for a while just because of the m5. :D the handling wasn't that good though.
It was my favorite car in that game....I loved that game! I highly doubt you could install that on a PC these days...it's ancient by now. If I remember correctly that was a Windows '97 game...

A classic nonetheless, and at the time was one of the founding reasons for my love of the E39 M5!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wonder what leads them to put cars like the 1991 Lexus GS300 in there, and not an actually good car. Their list doesnt seem like a big improvement over GT4 as far as cars goes. What took them so long, if they only had this measly herd of cars? Not impressed.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I browsed some of the GT5 forums yesterday; seems like quite a bit of people are complaining about the car list. I am not going to bother asking them about the E39 M5, as it seems many people are asking for quite a bit of desired cars that are not in the game.

However, GT5 should not ever dare mention the Nürburgring track without the E39 M5...:mad:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I browsed some of the GT5 forums yesterday; seems like quite a bit of people are complaining about the car list. I am not going to bother asking them about the E39 M5, as it seems many people are asking for quite a bit of desired cars that are not in the game.

However, GT5 should not ever dare mention the Nürburgring track without the E39 M5...:mad:

That's a good point. Now that you mention it, I'm surprised they don't include both factory M5's (E39 and E60) and in game Ring Taxi models you can earn through achievements.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It was my favorite car in that game....I loved that game! I highly doubt you could install that on a PC these days...it's ancient by now. If I remember correctly that was a Windows '97 game...

A classic nonetheless, and at the time was one of the founding reasons for my love of the E39 M5!
m5...
there is no excuse to be late at a business meeting. :D
YouTube - NFS:HS - BMW M5 Showcase

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
If you look at the official NFS site, isnt it weird that they have a 2005 and 2008 M5? So they are having the identical M5 V10 but one which is facelifted ligths front and back? Mayb ethey mixed up the yeRs and with 2005 mean the E39 M5?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts