BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any Canadian members of the board heard about this? My understanding from my retailer is that BMW Canada Inc. will not be offering the Individual program on the 2006 M5. The best they will do is allow you to order Individual paint for an additional $5,700 Cdn. The Individual program will likely be in place for MY2007.

Very disappointing!:grrrr:

Best regards,

·
Registered
147 Posts
I dont know about ///M5 ind. but the last thing I heard from my dealer was that BMW Canada is not sure to bringe ///M6 to Canada or what.But this news was from a month ago maybe by now they have decided what to do...
grrrrrrgrrrrrrr I dont understand is BMW Canada against ///M or something?

Anyways sorry about not having any news about ///M5 ind..Maybe during this month I visit my dealer even though my father doesnt have money for another car.
:M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes:
BMW>>>always>>>Alpine White

·
Registered
955 Posts
Grey_ashes said:
I dont know about ///M5 ind. but the last thing I heard from my dealer was that BMW Canada is not sure to bringe ///M6 to Canada or what.But this news was from a month ago maybe by now they have decided what to do...
grrrrrrgrrrrrrr I dont understand is BMW Canada against ///M or something?

Anyways sorry about not having any news about ///M5 ind..Maybe during this month I visit my dealer even though my father doesnt have money for another car.
:M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes: :M5eyes:
BMW>>>always>>>Alpine White
i am pretty sure M6 will be here.
no need to worry about that.
:byebye:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
My question is, will the M6 even make it to North America. That carbon roof has raised suspicions in me whether or not the M6 would make it here, especially considering the M3 CSL also had that roof and didn't make it here.

With the roof being an integral part of the structure of the car, I wouldn't be surprised if BMW doesn't justify bringing the M6 here because of the extra cost of meeting Transport Canada and the DOT's requirements concerning that roof.

Only time with tell and in the meantime, I'll be very happy with the E60 M5 :M5launch:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
BMWUSA lists the M6 on their website. The M3 CSL wasn't brought here due to low production numbers, and the need to recert the engine/safety. Since there is only one M6, only one car to cert. The M6 will be here in NA.

·
Registered
626 Posts
At the Pacific Auto Show last weekend the BMW rep said that Canadian spec 2006 M5's would be in production in September 2005 for delivery in Oct/Nov, but he wasn't sure when the M6 would be available. Probably next summer, if I remember correctly. What he didn't say was that there wouldn't be an M6 in Canada, so it sounds like there will be.

M5 production for Canada would be 400 per year.

Cheers
JJ

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
What I got from our salesperson at the show is that the first batch of M5 is for Nov-Feb delivery and that it required a bigger deposit to get your hands on one of those. A 1K deposit is all that is needed to secure one in the second batch.

There was no mention about the Individual program or European delivery but I imagine that with enough hassle, conviction and patience one could get an individual M5 early on. It would be somewhat foolish for them not to accept the extra money the individual program brings to them.

I sincerely hope we do get the M6 here as it looks like one hot coupe. I believe that local board member Lupo M5 is on the list for one so it would be great to have him and a new M6 on our meets. With a forecasted price of 130K for the M5, the M6 should retail for about 150K (all prices in canadian money) :confused3 what do you think?

·
Registered
955 Posts
VanCooper said:
My question is, will the M6 even make it to North America. That carbon roof has raised suspicions in me whether or not the M6 would make it here, especially considering the M3 CSL also had that roof and didn't make it here.

With the roof being an integral part of the structure of the car, I wouldn't be surprised if BMW doesn't justify bringing the M6 here because of the extra cost of meeting Transport Canada and the DOT's requirements concerning that roof.
i am sure the reason BMW didn't sell the CSL in North America is not because of its CFRP roof, but rather because of marketing/financial reason.

and on that basis, i really don't think the roof would be the problem if BMW of Canada is not going to sell M6 here. besides, it's not as if the structural rigidity of the car will be suffer because of CFRP roof. at least i am certain M6's roof is much more rigid than 645Ci's with standard glass roof.

and ultimately, if the roof is indeed the problem. i don't see it being a difficulty for BMW to simply retrofit 645Ci's roof onto M6 anyway. Audi do that all the time to their US-spec RS/S cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts