BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left my Beast outside during 4 inches of rain and pine needles over 48 hours. Started her up, and have no turn signals, no brake lights, no interior lights. Turned her off, pulled out key, and noticed parking lights now on with car completely off. Disconnected battery for 10 mins, reconnected, and parking lights are off, but no longer turn on when car started. Main headlights stay on in all light positions. All other electronics seem to work fine, but I can't drive around with no brake lights or turn signals. FWIW, I have an Intravee installed with no issues over the last 2 years. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
Blackrain :sad3:

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Sounds like your LCM (light control module) got wet. It is located to the outside of the glove compartment behind and partially above the kick panel.

It is possible that it will dry out and function properly, or you may be in the market for a replacement.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roa,

Thanks for giving me a place to start. I will search the board for more into and get back to you guys if I get anywhere.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
your sun roof drains are clogged or your windshield is leaking and your light control module got wet i would remove it and try to dry it off. remove the pass side door sill and kick panel there is a 8mm screw at the bottom of the lcm remove it and slide it down wards and out

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
If the LCM did and is still wet, you may want, once it is removed and dried off, put it in the oven (110° c) for 10-20 to dry out the inside.

Good luck.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have heard of cooking computer video cards to bring them back to life, I never thought I was going to ever put a piece of my M5 in the oven. Wife will just have more evidence to prove my insanity now. Oh well, I'll do anything to get my "mistress" up and running again :)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I have heard of cooking computer video cards to bring them back to life, I never thought I was going to ever put a piece of my M5 in the oven. Wife will just have more evidence to prove my insanity now. Oh well, I'll do anything to get my "mistress" up and running again :)
The high (above 100C) temp should expedite the moisture's departure from the module. You can always tell your wife that this is a cost savings measure (rather than buy a new one) so that the money saved can be split between her and your mistress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts