BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the archives, I've tried several reset methods, including disconnect battery, fuses, leaving the light on, and any combination of them. I even took all of the connectors apart (what a pain, with all the brackets in the way), still no luck.

Again, I with Nav and DSP (standard on M5s?). I have Alpine CD/Mp3 changer w/ Blitzsafe installed a month ago, everything worked fine till this past weekend. All the sudden I have no sound, even though Radio turns on, I can switch channels and CD tracks, just can't hear a thing. I uninstalled the CD changer, but that's not the problem. Radio won't make a sound either. What's weird is I can switch channel, change CDs and Tracks, just cannot hear anything. My Navigation lady is still talking to me, so speakers must be working somewhat.

Any other ideas? Can I test the amp somehow before I head into the dealer? What else do I need to test? What else can be wrong??

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Mine is all stock. Something similar happened to me once when I was listening to FM; I went from CD to FM and my front speakers didn't work. My rears worked. I switched to AM and CD, but it was the same. I turned off the car and turned it on, then it was normal again. The problem never occurred again.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem SOLVED!!! Here is what I did (long)

So I followed some archives, removed all the connections from the amp (65 12 6 905 119) which had 3 plugs and a small optical plug, but that didn't help.

Finally, about giving up, I saw this other unit towards the back of the corner (not sure what it is, but guessing Radio Monitor 65 12 6 902 719). There is a fuse in the corner after you remove the big connector harness, 7.5A. After removing this unit and plugging back in, VOALA!!! All good! Music is back.

So after this, I just had to go out and burn some rubber.. need to learn how to get under 5 seconds with my M5. I did just under 6 seconds (using the timer on the OBC) based on my VERY PRECISE timer... :)

So, in summary, if you are having any intermittent issues, or powers on, but no audio, or in some cases, no audio and battery DRAINs, follow these steps:

1. Remove fuses related to Radio (mine is 25, 43, 44), turn key to position 1, turn parking light on, disconnect battery. Wait patiently for 20 min, see if this fixes it.
2. If it doesn't fix the problem, proceed with second step, which is what I did. Unplug all the stuff in the left rear corner, CD changer, DSP amp, Radio monitor, etc, look for that 7.5a fuse, and then put everything back together.

Hope this helps folks. Thanks for all the previous posts in archive, and all the ones that chimed in over the last two days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
maybe it is the old DSP problem

this following steps you can try:- turn your key in pos. 01
- put the light's on
- disconnect the battery
- remove the fuses 7 en 41
- wait for 5 minutes
- connect the battery again
- put the fuses back
believed or not it works :M5thumbs: