BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here. A few weeks ago the audio stopped on my media bridge. I assumed that the unit failed and sent it back to be repaired/replaced. The new device didn't work either. I tested the new unit with the original power and audio cable and the new one that came with the replacement device to rule out he cable as the problem. Next I put the CD changer back in. Everything works except for the audio. 3 devices, everything works except audio. Must be upstream from the 2 plugs in the trunk. No DSP...Jan/03 car with MKIII Nav.

Where should I head next?

Thanks for the help.

JO

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Need some help here. A few weeks ago the audio stopped on my media bridge. I assumed that the unit failed and sent it back to be repaired/replaced. The new device didn't work either. I tested the new unit with the original power and audio cable and the new one that came with the replacement device to rule out he cable as the problem. Next I put the CD changer back in. Everything works except for the audio. 3 devices, everything works except audio. Must be upstream from the 2 plugs in the trunk. No DSP...Jan/03 car with MKIII Nav.

Where should I head next?

Thanks for the help.

JO
I would look for damage to the CDC audio harness (6 pin connector). Disconnect the CDC's audio harness from the CDC/Dice MB, and the BM53 radio module and measure the resistance between the two ends; Pins 1-8, 2-2, 4-9 and 3 to ground (CDC-Radio ends). The resistance for these measurements should be less than 1 Ohm. Next check the resistance between the non-connecting terminals (e.g. 1-9, 2-9, 4-8 and so on) the resistance should be ∞ (OL). If any of these measurements are not as specified the harness will need repair or replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts