BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I popped a bid of £8k on to push the price up (and yes i would buy it at that!), what's it worth circa £12k? Not my choice of exterior/interior though!

One point to note is the extended warranty - think it's just been renewed till March 2006 or something - this is all well and good but i believe the renewal fee is now something like £950 a year - GULP!

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M5saloon said:
I popped a bid of £8k on to push the price up (and yes i would buy it at that!), what's it worth circa £12k? Not my choice of exterior/interior though!

One point to note is the extended warranty - think it's just been renewed till March 2006 or something - this is all well and good but i believe the renewal fee is now something like £950 a year - GULP!

Cheers,
David.
have you viewed the car? if so what condition was it in.
£950 a year is maybe worth the risk considering edc hasn't been replaced yet,
it's your choice whether to renew or not

:cheers:

stevie

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hey Stevie

Nah i haven't seen the car, looks pretty clean and the history sounds good too, i think someone on this board owns it, sure i saw it mentioned somewhere just the other day?

As for the warranty at £950, a lot of cash if nothing goes wrong, a bargain if stuff does go pear-shaped! Take your chances i suppose!

Cheers.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M5saloon said:
Hey Stevie

As for the warranty at £950, a lot of cash if nothing goes wrong, a bargain if stuff does go pear-shaped! Take your chances i suppose!

Cheers.
£950 doesn't go far when owning one of the beasts

I would love to bid for this car but still trying to sell the VR6

I must admit that I couldn't in all seriousness buy a car for that kind of money without checking it out first, no offence to the seller but his idea of excellent condition might be a lot different from mine

he could be the biggest BS artist out

·
Registered
646 Posts
I bought mine off eBay in January - emailed the seller to discuss the car, arranged to fly down to inspect, obviously you'd have to be a nut to bid/commit to buying something without viewing first! I was fortunate i guess, the seller was flexible, although other guys selling their cars at the time were of the 'bid and you're buying' attitude - they were told politely 'no thanks'...

Cheers.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Zippy said:
Chaps,

If it helps I renewed my BMW Extended warranty recently ....£620 :D

Not bad for peace of mind ..I had the shocks replaced in Jan so it has paid for itself already !!

Zippy,

I paid exactly £620.00 to renew my Extended Warranty Last Year - Good to see at least they're consistent with us E34 M5 owners.....

It runs out on 29th April '05 - here's hoping it doesn't go up before then.....

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yeah i think the rate went up to around £950 at the end of January didn't it... I'm sure i saw that confirmed somewhere on the board recently... Nice piece of mind at £500/600 a year but near a grand is a different matter IMO.

Cheers.

·
Registered
678 Posts
The M.O.T. falls on May 13th - 3 weeks before the warranty runs out.

....so if it needs any shocks or other expensive work, I'll be squeezing the most possible out of the remaining warranty - as it's going in for an Inspection II and M.O.T. at the same time.

The whole experience should give a good cost/benefit analysis should any work need doing, and I'll put post up on what happens - it's going in to Scotthall's in Stanmore.

-- I've already had the following under warranty since the last renewal in May '04 :-

• New Battery
  • New EDC Control Unit
  • New ScreenWasher and Headlamp Washer Pumps (Still needs looking at, tho' - fog lamp washer hoses aren't connected properly)
  • New Seat-Height Control Switch
Reckon the above would've cost +/- £620.00 all-in at a Main 'Stealer' ?

The M.O.T. Insurance will come in handy - I've been through all my car's receipts - and at just-turned 72k miles - it appears to be on the original shocks.hmmm

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The EDC control unit is £330 on it's own. A Battery is £100, Seat height motor another £110.

So, yes. That work at BMW would easily have cost more than your warranty renewal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Contacted the Warranty dept today... and yes owing to new financial regulations set by the Government.. BMW have had to abide by new rules which involves being underwritten by a third party...This means that they have to pay someone else now to offer warranties.... Whereas they were a one man band, not anymore ...The bottom line line is that the Warranty price has gone up to £970 :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: ( TO LINE SOME OTHER F****ERS POCKET)....grrrrrrr grrrrrrr grrrrrrr grrrrrrr grrrrrrr grrrrrrr

ZIP M5 LE 33/50grrrrrrr

·
Registered
261 Posts
On the subject of warranties: I've just read a piece in May 05 EVO mag. They are running a Ferrari 550 as part of the fast fleet, on an 'S' plate. They have bought a 'Powertrain only' warranty at £2336 Per annum!! So £970 for a full warranty might not be so bad....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Anyone know who got this one.
I've been watching it with some obvious interest. I have to say that I got to feel sorry for the underbidder. He found the reserve 4 days ago only to be knocked out in the last 10 seconds. ouich That is the entertainment of ebay.
I'm almost tempted to try to flog him mine
- ALMOST.
cherrsagai

1 - 18 of 18 Posts