BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
Just wanted to say hello to all & to answer the questions regarding 146 on e-bay, which I picked up & drove (hard!) home today.

I was going to post a reply in the other thread but it got a bit off track towards the end!

Anyway, I won the car for 3455, but paid 3150 once I had seen it. Nothing major, just tried my luck & it worked!! Worth every penny!!!!!!!

Rest assured guys the car will not be broken! I intend to carry out a full strip / rebuild of the engine, refurb the alloys, retrim the front seats. Gearbox & diff to be stripped & inspected.

Why?
Why not! I get to see what 300k does to an original M motor!
The car is on the cusp of being restored or broken. I couldn't bear to see one broke on mileage alone, & as a BMW tech it allows me to work on the REAL, ORIGINAL BMW's & refresh my memory as all i do is those damn diesel engines!!!!!!!:hihi: ( 2 waiting for me on Monday:grrrr: )

I bought the car as a toy/project for myself as I sold my E39 M5 last year :sad1:

I had an E34 in both 3.6 & 3.8 form so this completes the history!

Regular updates will appear from time to time.

I liked the "who we are feature", I met davidoli at Donnington a couple of years ago but would never had known it is him on the board, so Hi Davidoli!

Right, where's my 10mm spanner......................:)

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Yes , congratulations and welcome to the forum .

Hopefully , one day , all of these rare beauties will be in the hands of board members .

p.s. I hope that I was polite to you at Bimmerfest ? Was I in my E34 M5 LE ?

D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Davidoli
Yes you were very polite!
I came over & diagnosed your coil pack faulty. I used to service your LE for the previous owner.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Wow .......that brings back some pleasant memories ....thanks again , I hope things are going well for you .

Well done getting that E28 ......now the fun begins .....we'll have to meet up soon when it's all done !

D

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
The camera never lies Os ......God knows how you've got such a beautiful wife ?!

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Saw you in BMWCar Magazine

Hi Os ,

I notice that your reputable firm is featured in this month's BMWCar magazine , in the shops today .

I'm glad to see that things are going well m8 .......

D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello David
Thanks for the kind words, glad someone noticed the article!!
As for getting bored quickly, you have no idea!!!!
I love the '28, it's light on it's toes & handles well, but I miss the raw power of the '39!!
I have been offered a nice '01 M5, not too cheap but it is nice & clean.
But I am selling the wifes Cooper S aswell ( lovely christmas present but not too practicle) & am contemplating the BIG step into the V10..... or the Masarati Quattroporte.
Decisions, decisions!!!
I'll keep you informed.
PS: did you catch me in this months BMW Car aswell??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts