BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install H&R Springs and possibly Dinan front and rear sway bars. Anyone recommend a shop in the NJ area also to do an alignment? Thank you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well in North NJ there MotorWorks West inWyckoff--an authorized Dinan dealer.
Tell him Mike from town sent you--Hes serviced my BMWs and is fairly priced and honest

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sorry I don't have an answer to your question regarding a BMW dealer that would put on aftermarket parts. I would agree Motorworks West seems to run a nice shop and Dave was very helpful.

If you decide to try it yourself, let me know. I'm in central Jersey and happy to help. The Dinan front roll control system and rear sway bar are pretty easy bolt on parts. The springs are a bit more involved but not terribly complicated, just time consuming. Any decent garage should be able to do the alignment afterwards.

Good luck. Sounds like a nice suspension modification.

·
Registered
915 Posts
please let me know how the handling is after you install them, im looking into buying sway bars. thank you.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I don't have an answer to your question regarding a BMW dealer that would put on aftermarket parts. I would agree Motorworks West seems to run a nice shop and Dave was very helpful.

If you decide to try it yourself, let me know. I'm in central Jersey and happy to help. The Dinan front roll control system and rear sway bar are pretty easy bolt on parts. The springs are a bit more involved but not terribly complicated, just time consuming. Any decent garage should be able to do the alignment afterwards.

Good luck. Sounds like a nice suspension modification.
I appreciate the offer. Just wish I had the time to attempt the install, however, I travel between NJ and CA so much right now that its just too time consuming. Where in central NJ are you? We definitely need to setup a meet for the NJ/NY crew.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Checkout sway bars from RDSport and their springs. They are a solid company and personnally would opt for them over Dinan any day.
This company only exists because of the so called factory warrenty issue.
This company (Dinan) after close review, for the E60 M5 none of its products produce any hp (excluding the stroker motor).

Cheers, M5Ranger

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for your feedback Juan. I'm about to do the ASR switch over soon also with the engine upgrades.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Where in central NJ are you? We definitely need to setup a meet for the NJ/NY crew.
I'm in a little town called Watchung. Off I-78 between the city and PA.

The NY guys meet up a lot, especially when the weather is nice. I've never joined them, but they always seem to have a blast, taking trips to upstate NY, etc. Check out the 'northeast' regional forum where they usually plan stuff. They all seem friendly and everything, just the public runs are not my thing.

I've been looking for company on some track days, so let me know if you have any interest. Been to Pocono, Homestead, and Lime Rock this year and heading to Watkins Glen in two weeks. I'll shoot you the rest of my schedule in a PM if you are interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts