BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a NJ M5 driving club or group? I did a search of the Board and didn't see any. There should be one. If anyone knows of one please pass on the info, if not, anyone want to start one? Just to catch up every once in a while and cruise.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
There are some rides up to Bear Mtn. in NY during the spring/summer, check regional forum. I would be interested. Located in NNJ (Bergen County)

·
Registered
195 Posts
guys you can join me and other members on e60.net as well as m5board here. We do tons of meets here in NY and NJ area. Even a few out on the Long Island usually organized by Exotic rally forum. I hope i am not disrupting any m5board rules by mentioning other forums. If so then i apologize and you may remove my post..
There aren't exactly any kind of groups but it wud be a good idea if we had one or two. Plus there are people out in Cali that meet every thurs and other random days at bars and grills and everyone is welcome to show up. Maybe we should organize something like that.
take care Kevin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My thought was to try and organize something relatively regular, like once a month during the non-winter months. Meet in different locations in NJ. Certainly open to M5ers outside NJ coming to join us. Just another excuse to drive somewhere.....and enjoy the ride.:M5launch:

If we get like 10-15 people we can then pick a good location or rotate the location around NJ. I am in East Brunswick, so I can go anywhere in about 30-40 minutes in NJ. Let's see what kind of response we get.

Right now the M5 is locked away in my garage because of the snow...so sad. :crying:

·
Registered
435 Posts
id be interested in hearing when these trips start back up again. The times and days are sometimes difficult for me, but Id still like to be able to make it out a few times..

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm willing to get a club organized - under one condition..........

08M5Beast picks up some Pirelli SottoZero's and gets some drifting in with the rest of us in the Jack Frost season

I don't garage the beast - I let it loose around this time.........LOL

Let me know - and we're ready to run

Steve

·
Registered
418 Posts
We used to go (to Bear mountain) quite often. I will start a thread in the regional section and pm everyone here and others who have NJ listed as their location.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Bear Mountain

We used to go (to Bear mountain) quite often. I will start a thread in the regional section and pm everyone here and others who have NJ listed as their location.
You should also include New York City in your location search. I've been on a number of Bear Mountain runs in past years with Thrilos5. They were a lot of fun. We would rendezvous at the Starbucks on River Road in Ft. Lee. I'm also fairly certain Herrubermensch, another NYC denizen, would be interested in signing up for this. :byee55amg

--Ray

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesn't take much peer pressure to get me to do something against my better judgment. I will look onto the Pirellis this week. Look forward to getting this group up and running. Giddyup.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Count me in .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So let's pick a day for a drive, subject to weather issues of course, and we can "organize" during that drive. I am going to take a look at my calendar and throw a date out tonite and let's see if we can get some "traction."

:M5rev:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am in along with 3 of my buddies who have e39 m5's. Lets get this going

·
Registered
188 Posts
This meet would have to be in spring. My beast never see snow or rain.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
So let's pick a day for a drive, subject to weather issues of course, and we can "organize" during that drive. I am going to take a look at my calendar and throw a date out tonite and let's see if we can get some "traction."

:M5rev:
So have you decided on a date yet? Let's get the Beast Pack on the road.:flag:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Let me know if something gets put together. I am just over the border in Bucks County. It is pretty easy to get to the turnpike.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It doesn't take much peer pressure to get me to do something against my better judgment. I will look onto the Pirellis this week. Look forward to getting this group up and running. Giddyup.

I'm in

Let's do this

Meet on for this coming Sunday

8 AM

Rockaway mall - Dunkin Donuts

Time to get the rust out......lol

1 - 20 of 64 Posts