BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That is just incredible! That puts the GT-R in second place for fastest laps ever by an unmodified production cars just behind the Pagani Zonda F which posted a time of 7 minutes and 27 seconds last November. The GT-R ran 10 Seconds quicker that the 997 Turbo. Crazy! This post will probably be moved but that frickin car just gets nastier every day. It's not my type of car but I would love to drive one.

·
Registered
501 Posts
That is just incredible! That puts the GT-R in second place for fastest laps ever by an unmodified production cars just behind the Pagani Zonda F which posted a time of 7 minutes and 27 seconds last November. The GT-R ran 10 Seconds quicker that the 997 Turbo. Crazy! This post will probably be moved but that frickin car just gets nastier every day. It's not my type of car but I would love to drive one.
I went to the dealer on tuesday to take my wifes Armada and they had color codes and paint/interior samples. It is getting close to delivery time for me....July/August

Also Car and Driver got it 3.3 0-60 and 11.30 in the 1/4 mile. The service manager showed me their new Nitrogen Air pumps for the stock tires and a new special lift.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I went to the dealer on tuesday to take my wifes Armada and they had color codes and paint/interior samples. It is getting close to delivery time for me....July/August

Also Car and Driver got it 3.3 0-60 and 11.30 in the 1/4 mile. The service manager showed me their new Nitrogen Air pumps for the stock tires and a new special lift.

Wait a second, 11.3 second quarter mile with 480 hp in a 3900 lb car??? What am I missing???

·
Registered
501 Posts
Wait a second, 11.3 second quarter mile with 480 hp in a 3900 lb car??? What am I missing???

The reports of all GT-R in Japan is that this car stock is putting out 475-485 hp at the wheels on dyno's (and that is not even on the Dinan Super duper dyno) lol....

It also has ceramic brakes, clutch and carbon composite driveshaft. Nitrogen filled tires come from the factory and the most technologically advanced AWD system ever created!!

4500rpm Launch control is standard........ :applause:

**EDIT: My bad it ran 11.5 at 124mph http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/japanese_performance/2009_nissan_gt_r_road_test

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Sounds amazing. I heard that Nissan wasnt allowing dealers to mark the car up, any truth to that?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sounds amazing. I heard that Nissan wasnt allowing dealers to mark the car up, any truth to that?
I can only speak for my self that my agreement is MSRP on the premium edition (fully loaded) at $71,900.

Exterior Color = Solid Red A54
Interior Color = Light Grey leather (like silverstone)

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
i just cant understand how it run 1/4mile faster then the 997TT because its soo heavy.
1) Makes more power this car was way underated from the factory...520-540hp is what dynos are showing from motor trend and independant tests in Japan.

2) AWD launch control at 4500 rpms

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sounds like a great car - but I could never justify spending 70+K on a Nissan. I don't care how fast it is. Just not my cup of tee...

Yes that is a tough one but..... It is still the fastest car under $XXX,XXX in a straight line or on the Nurburgring so for me it is a bargain. :cheers:

·
Registered
476 Posts
GTR

Clearly - it is a hell of a car. It would be blast to drive on the track. However - it reminds me a lot of and STI or and EVO or the old Supra with the huge wing. Again - not my cup of tea - for that money I would wait for E90 M3 CSL (probably more than the GTR) or a get a Lotus Elise. Both of those will hold their value as well as be classics - I am not sure about the GTR.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Clearly - it is a hell of a car. It would be blast to drive on the track. However - it reminds me a lot of and STI or and EVO or the old Supra with the huge wing. Again - not my cup of tea - for that money I would wait for E90 M3 CSL (probably more than the GTR) or a get a Lotus Elise. Both of those will hold their value as well as be classics - I am not sure about the GTR.
Porsche's have huge wings...

This car is not in the same class as an STI or an EVO though it should be considered a bargain super car. The same crowd of the two other cars will probably not be purchasing this car, they are all now buying 335's :hihi:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
1) Makes more power this car was way underated from the factory...520-540hp is what dynos are showing from motor trend and independant tests in Japan.

2) AWD launch control at 4500 rpms
Hey Chris if it had 475-485 at the wheels then with a 15% drivetrain loss would be 565 at the crank. With AWD is has to be at least 18% which would be 585 at the crank. Even this seems low given the 0-60 times and the 1/4 mile times let alone the unbelievably insane Nurburgring time.

This car maybe alot more understated than we think. It has completely boggled my mind with all the reviews and times given the stated Hp and weight. You finally helped me understand alittle about my stock stated hp and super fast times confusion.

I do not like that way it looks but holy crap is it an amazing car or what!!

If beer goggles change the way girls look I guess HP goggles change the way this car looks!! Given that it is a super model for sure!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hey Chris if it had 475-485 at the wheels then with a 15% drivetrain loss would be 565 at the crank. With AWD is has to be at least 18% which would be 585 at the crank. Even this seems low given the 0-60 times and the 1/4 mile times let alone the unbelievably insane Nurburgring time.

This car maybe alot more understated than we think. It has completely boggled my mind with all the reviews and times given the stated Hp and weight. You finally helped me understand alittle about my stock stated hp and super fast times confusion.

I do not like that way it looks but holy crap is it an amazing car or what!!

If beer goggles change the way girls look I guess HP goggles change the way this car looks!! Given that it is a super model for sure!!!
Well maybe we need to get you drunk cherrsagaithen read every magazine article on this car to help change your mind.

·
Registered
476 Posts
If they offered the M5 Wagon in the U.S. I would buy it

Nissans are not my thing...sorry...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts