BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this one a few month back...

Ridgid SeeSnake Micro Inspection Camera w/ 9.5mm Camera Head - Mfg# 31123

Saves me lots of time to check things without disassembling them...

If it is cylinder walls,pistons,chain guides,coolant/oil leaks in tight spots,clutch issues....

Resolution is very good,brightness adjustable...

Downside is mirror sucks and no video/snap shots possible...

One of my friends borrowed it last week to see where the moisture inside his wall is coming from...

Might be a nice christmas present for some of you guys.:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
ah... i can suggest this to the wife and I won't get the roll eyes, "another tool for the M5?" look this time :grinyes:

·
Registered
879 Posts
We have one of these from Snap-On:

BK6000, Borescope, Recording, Video/Still

Takes snapshots and video and the heads are interchangeable... In our case we have the standard straight head, a dual head (straight and side-looking), as well as a UV head (for chasing leaks when using tracer dye). Easily one of the best investments I ever made and especially useful on a car like the M5 where everything is hidden away (especially the parts that commonly leak).

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ARD,the home depot one has a 17mm which is for many areas a bit too large to insert(for example spark plug hole).

The Ridgid borescope is a quite cheap alternative to the ones from Snap-On or Hazet.

That it has less features than the more expensive ones is a compromise....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Even tho is a pretty nice equipment check the review...

overall Rating: 1 out of 5
dont waste your money, April 19, 2010
By cdbib from san fran bay area (read all my reviews)
"the camera head is a real disappointment, it worked pretty well at first but it snapped off with just a little force. this was a big waste off money"
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)
Overall Rating: 3 out of 5

SeeSnake Micro, March 24, 2010
By CrossBuilder from Birmingham, Alabama (read all my reviews)
"I purchased the SeeSnake Micro to help a friend find a water leak hidden behind an interior wall. The camera worked great while it lasted. The head is made of cheap plastic and broke by just pressing it up into a wall with very little pressure. A new head cost almost as much as the whole camera. So my review is that it worked great until it broke."

don't break that head in the cylinder.... just saying..

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
We have one of these from Snap-On:

BK6000, Borescope, Recording, Video/Still

Takes snapshots and video and the heads are interchangeable... In our case we have the standard straight head, a dual head (straight and side-looking), as well as a UV head (for chasing leaks when using tracer dye). Easily one of the best investments I ever made and especially useful on a car like the M5 where everything is hidden away (especially the parts that commonly leak).
+1

At my work we had the Rigid one, it was alright, the head was a little to big to fit in thru spark plug holes, and no picture taking ability made it useful maybe a handful of times.

We actually picked up the same Snap-On one you have, and its awesome. I used it to diagnose a screw that fell into a motor. In the end i ended up pulling both heads off to be on the safe side but its a great tool. Its one of those things you may not use very ofte, but when you do need it, its a life saver.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 9.5 mm head fits perfect through the spark plug hole on the S62.

Also,it seems Ridgid improved the camera head,as on mine it is made from aluminium and not plastic.Would have never bought it if it was plastic!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts