BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a few cms of snow tonite resulted in prime drifting weather for us Torontonians!! Anyone else hit the slopes? I mean streets? lol :M5launch: I love this car - :haha:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Also in TO...

Haven't moved her out of the garage for more than a week.
She's in hybernation until the roads are clean & dry again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Been taking the X5 around the parking lots these last few weeks.

The snow is rediculous this year.

The M is also in hibernation.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
we had some nice snow here in ny yesterday and it was fun to drift her at will. then again it was fun passing people up in the snow and those poor suckers in p cars stuck

·
Registered
572 Posts
Prefer to drift in my E36 328ia (Dinan Stage III), as she's a tighter handling ride.
In comparison, I find my 540 a poor handler in the snow/any dampness.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
One of the ONLY things I like about snow/ice is the unlimited drifting potential. It is great fun and great practice. After the streets get cleared and salted, I move to empty parking lots (and sometimes not so empty ;))

:wroom:
Dave

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Come on Toronto I'd expect more fun coming outta you guys up there from snow

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 528i that I usually use for Winter... I run 18x8 OEM M5 wheels on all four corners with 245/40-18 Dunlop Graspic DS Run Flats... I have driven the car in the snow for 2 months this winter, and just recently put it in the garage for some maintenance work. As it turns out, I have to wait a few weeks for some unexpected parts, which forced me to get the M5 out of storage.

I moved the 18x8 OE M5 wheels to the M5 and whoaaa... it is 10 times better in the crap than the 528i is. I attribute this completely to the LSD in the M5. I rarely see the traction light flash at me in the M5, while the 528i is constantly using brakes to stop the open peg leg diff from spinning the wheel.

Nothing better than forcing yourself to drive something other than the M... parking it, and then getting the M5 back out. Smiles immediately. No way could I sell this thing.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I finally got to try the snow tires, and the car behaved like a champ. I made it to the cleaner main roads in 1st gear and the DSC light came on only when I gunned it to see what it would take for the car to wag its finger at me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The snow is getting rediculous now! We never get this much snow. I don't know how much higher these snow banks can get!

Damn La Ninia!

My M5 has been in winter storage since October so i'm dying to get her out. But thats not going to happen any time soon this year i don't think. I'm driving my SVT Contour winter beater right now. Half the horses but GREAT in the snow!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I prefer a light rain to snow, the car feels far more predictable. Plus its harder to see curbs in the snow........... I would be devastated to bend one of the wheels.

oops.... didn't meant resurrect a year old thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts