BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hi Jerry..

My brother just took the Delivery of his DB9 last week.. to be honest with you the car is superb, sounds nice, and look so beautiful. But its had so many problems from the first week, it had fuel pump failure, it shut off the engine suddenly when u drive. It was from the first cars to be delivered here. He had a fight with them and had them to change it for a brand new DB9, and they gave him one,and when i asked him why he said its a very nice machine to drive.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The only thing that bothers me is when people call gearboxes like these (and for example, the Bentley Conti's) semi-automatics.

As far as I know, the transmission in the DB9 is a conventional automatic with paddles (as opposed to Tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel a la Porsche or a separate +/- gate on the shifter a la BMW auto's) to switch the gears in the automatic's manual mode.

It is NOT a manual transmission like Ferrari's F1 box or BMW's SMG.

It's a little detail, but it erks me when people think that just because they see paddles behind the wheel that the car lacks a torque converter.

It's an automatic.

:cheers:

-Matthew

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
While not nearly as quick as the SMG,it is still unquestionably the quickest shifting automatic.
Sort of like:"have your cake and eat it too"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts