BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across these on one of my many ebay surfing safaris...They are little machined aluminum rings that simply plug into the little gaps around the ventilation control knobs, the ignition switch, and the light switch. I think they look great and very oem with the aluminum trim...

They come from the UK by supersonic transport i think as they show up like three days after ordering them!

I am not a shill or associated with these guys in anyway, just plugging where plugging is due!

04 09 BMW E60 E61 5 Series Chrome Trim Rings Set | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
So is it an aluminum finish that matches the factory aluminum trim or is it more of a chrome like finish? I'm just asking since the seller put chrome in the description.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are sort of matte finished (natural aluminum) they are little solid aluminum rings with a very thin flange machined in which is about 2 or so MM deep which plugs into the little gap in the plastic, they 'snap' in perfectly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've seen those before on ebay and always figured they must have an Autozone chrome-like finish on them more than an aluminum-like one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i brought some of these ages ago but never fitted them must find them or buy some more they are pretty cheap to arent they ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts