BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I headed over to Buchloe during my lunch break and had a test drive of the B5.

This car is absolutely fantastic. It does so much so well. For instance you just get in, and dont push any buttons, unlike the m5. It is setup well from the word go.

Driving through town is easy, no need to go through the gears, as the car has a lot of torque, everywhere.

On the autobahn it is rather fast. Easily punching up to 280kmh. No fuss, just constant acceleration.

On the twistie roads though i felt the car was somewhat lacking. It tended to float over the bumps and the auto gearbox, no matter how good, it still isnt a manual.

This is where the m5 excels. On the autobahn you can put the m5 into "D" and have the car shift almost as smoothly as the B5, or you put it in S6 Mode, and race to race to red line, its your choice.

If i was 65, i would not hesitate to go for the b5. But im not, and erh the m5 is my choice. :M5thumbs:

Oh and one more thing, the B5 is better than anything AMG will ever produce.

all the best
adam

·
Registered
885 Posts
Thanks for the short review Adam.You're lucky to have the choice right now :) .I guess i'v to wait for a couple or more years. :sad1:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
asturias said:
Nice to hear that, but the best is the AMG part...

Yes all IMHO of course ;) :1:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Excellent :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
890 Posts
:nono: I drove B5 also (13.06.2005) and I agree with Adam's opinion but I did not find it like he says for 65 year olds !I am 30 and I put down the deposit for it, delivery in march 2006.
I think that its just the way one 4 door should be CLASSY AND FAST.

Best regards from Serbia & Montenegro,

waygadoo

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome waygadoo! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
waygadoo said:
:nono: I drove B5 also (13.06.2005) and I agree with Adam's opinion but I did not find it like he says for 65 year olds !I am 30 and I put down the deposit for it, delivery in march 2006.
I think that its just the way one 4 door should be CLASSY AND FAST.

Best regards from Serbia & Montenegro,

waygadoo

Well i am 19 and i drive a B8 4,6 instead of an M3 :1:

I bet you are looking forward to your car!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Firstly I would like to thank you all for welcoming me:cheers: !

I think my B5 will probably be the only one in Serbia or not, who cares anyway. There are few ( 10-15 ) new M5's and M6's for the moment but not many Alpinas.
Alpina representative offered me a delivery in November but I refused and asked for a March 2006 delivery. Why? Well what am I going to do with my car in the -15 C winter and snow ?! No thanks I'd rather have it in March and enjoy it to the full. I also heard that Alpina will maybe insert another 50 hp in the engine. I tell you about the car: it has all the options except Head Up Display ( I just hated it ) and designation dropped.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too have driven the M5 and the AMG55, but the B5 is so much more rounded, much nicer to turn up to a fancy place in a posh suit, than a sweater is how I would put it. AMG "phug! Merc have had it, the service is just sooooo badddd, by the way I am 46, so don't write us off quite yet please

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.