BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the m5 is an awesome car by any standard...but too bad it doesn't have an automatic. like the e55. in motortrend: 0-60 4.7 sec for m5, 4.8 sec for the AUTOMATIC benz... shame.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mpotent,

You are right! An automatic is probably a more convenient choice for 0-60. However, most people, including myself, didn't buy an M5 for stoplight races... some of us enjoy blipping the throttle while downshifting into a corner. Also, there is another section of this site for discussion of similar cars.

Dan

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Sorry but I really hope BMW never put an automatic gearbox in an M5. That would be the last nail in the coffin of what has become less of a drivers car since its launch. Don't get me wrong I really love my E39 M5 but if they add any more drivers aids even my grannie would be able to drive it!!!! If you want an auto then get an Audi S8, MB E55 or Jaguar XJR and if you want to go faster than anyone else 0-60 get a superbike.

·
Registered
663 Posts
We have a new world record!!!!! 15 year thread revival

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
HAHA right. I wonder if theres any of these original owners who still post on here
Bought my '01 in early '03, so I am close....................:angel

F10 has no driver aids? BMW will be surprised to hear that!!:wink

Regards,
Jerry

Reactions: AWDE30 and banel

·
Registered
2018 F82 M4 Competition in Silverstone Metallic II
3,337 Posts
This thread is old enough to have zits.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
and here is another 15 years go by.. and humans are still arguing auto or manual !! :0)

Reactions: AVGVSTVS
1 - 16 of 16 Posts