BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the summer got away from me, maybe that was true for all of us. After our first local "meet and drive", "GTG", whatever you want to call it in June, I had intended to do a few more throughout the summer as we all had a blast!

I'm planning the next one for Saturday, October 22nd. There are a lot of fantastic roads in the foothills of the Front Range. In the best interest of available time and proximity to everyone, I feel our best bet would still be a relatively local drive, something interesting and with lots of elevation changes. As much as I'd love to hammer over Berthoud Pass and into Winter Park, that would require an all day commitment by the time all is said and done.

So, I'm proposing a meet at the Panera Bread, 1132 West Dillon Road, Louisville, CO 80027 (720) 304-7000 (near the Costco on HWY 36) at Marshall Road at 9:00AM. The earlier we get started, the less traffic we should encounter. Plus, this time of the year should generally be better because we ditch the summer traffic. Weather should also generally be nice. But if it snows, well, we'll have a skidpad competition in the parking lot.

Route: Marshall Road(Hwy 170) east to Hwy 93. Then South on Hwy 93 to Hwy 72 west. Drive west on Hwy 72 which becomes Coal Creek Canyon Road(starts with fast straights and ends with lots of tight twisties and hairpins) Then drop into Nederland via Peak to Peak Hwy. Continue heading north on Peak to Peak Hwy and then head east onto Sugarloaf Rd(County Rd 122) back to Hwy 119 into Boulder. Once in Boulder we can catch a bite to eat at The Dark Horse, lol! World Famous Dark Horse Bar and Grill If you've never been, it's quite..... interesting with decent food.

Should be lots of fun and I'm looking forward to meeting some more of the other locals. Also curious to see if Matt has replaced his clutch, if Kevin has installed his Evolve headers, if Cris will swap me his muffler delete, and if Mack still has his ride. I'll send some private emails as not everyone frequents this local forum of the 'board'.

And as always, I'm all ears to any changes, improvements to the drive, etc. Just need to get the beast a good fall DRIVE!!

Thoughts?

Chad
(720) 837-8740

·
Registered
172 Posts
Chad - couldn'

Chad,

Thanks for the message. I was an owner of a 97 540i 6 speed 4 years ago and I just had to step up to the real deal being the M5. I did buy the car from Mack and I am loving it. Right after I bought it I got the straight pipes (Bud's Muffler) and shorty after I did the sink drain mod (myself). This weekend I performed the MTF and Diff fluid change (Royal Purple Synthetic) and I will be doing the spark plugs next weekend.

I will definitely try to make it out to your meet. I am a long time American Muscle owner (13 Corvette's - no more of those cars - lol) and would enjoy meeting fellow enthusiasts!

Take care - Alan

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am planning on being there. See you all then!
Matt

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M5 Fanatics!

Less than a week away and it looks like we're good to go for next Saturday! With any luck we'll be rewarded with decent weather. The 7 day forecast for next Saturday looks to be 67 degrees, clear and only a 10% chance of precip, read: perfect for cool intake temps:) And I can't stomach another CU football blowout anyway :(

Kevin, any chance that professional photographer could tag along again? 6 cars so far, possibly 8-10 by drive time.

Chad

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry, I was not the one who had the photographer with me and don't recall who did... Also, I never did see the final product from our last meet! I'll bring my camera and snap some shots, though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It would be awesome if we could tie in a little car meet with this drive, but I realize some (or all?) of you live in Boulder... There's a really good meet at the Park Meadow's Great Indoors (C470/I25) that usually meets at around 9am on Saturdays. Is this flexible at all, or are we shooting to wrap the drive up early in the day?

Pics from previous meets FYI: Coffee & Cars @ Great Indoors Park Meadows - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would be interested, anyone else?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys, I'm up for anything. But without knowing exactly who(if any) might be showing up last minute to the Panera at 9:00AM, it might be tough to change the schedule. I'd hate for someone who doesn't check this forum often to be waiting at the Panera only to have no one else around.

Tell you what, if Kevin and Matt wanted to check out C&C, I'd be happy to wait at the Panera for you guys. Any idea how long you guys might hang out down south? And no, I don't have any specific time that I'm trying to finish by. I thought catching a bite to eat for lunch at the Darkhorse whenever we finish would be cool though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello all. Alan here (Mack's old M5). The wife has to go into work, so that leaves me with the kids. So with the kids I'm not going to make the drive from Aurora, but I may stop by the meet at cars and coffee as I'm sure that may be their last hurrah with the cold weather comin in. Take care.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, change of plans. Since we've had a few guys unable to attend, Paul and I will be heading down to Cars and Coffee at Park Meadows and we'll make plans from there. We should be down there around 9ish.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good turnout yesterday! Good to see Chad & BigMattR again. Alan & Paul - nice to meet you guys!

Here's the pics I took:

Untitled by kfanciu, on Flickr

Ferrari 348 by kfanciu, on Flickr

Ferrari 430 Scuderia by kfanciu, on Flickr

Lamborghini Gallardo by kfanciu, on Flickr