BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Here are the first pictures from Geneva 2008. In total Alpina has 5 cars on the stand.

From Gustav

"Alpina had the B3 BiTurbo from the Frankfurt IAA Salon of 2007 and the Alpina B6S Cabrio as well. New was the white Alpina B3 BiTurbo Allrad, the Alpina B5S with the new diffuser and optional interiour piping and the Alpinagreen D3 BiTurbo.

Yup, new diffuser on the ALPINA B5S, tested on the Michelin speedoval for sidestability and airflow. There is a limit what you can buil 'above' (on the trunk) so there is why Alpina worked on the diffuser. It looks great!

New stitching is available on the B5S as an oprtion the piping runs along hte seat per the picture above.

15% of B5 Tourings vs B5 in UK and 60% Touring in Germany. 0% in Middle East :D

Alpina B3 BiTurbo Allrad is 25 mm higher than the regulat B3 BiTurbo and consumes slightly more fuel.

World Premiere of the D3 BiTurbo as well.
"

News of course are the world premieres of

... the B3 BiTurbo Coupe Allrad

...and the D3 BiTurbo Coupe.

Also the B5S has some news - a new rear diffuser

...and new Lavalina stitching on the seats.

The other 2 cars on the stand are the B3 BiTurbo Cabrio and B6S Cabrio.

Anymore picture requests please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Alpina have some excellent new models that deserve to do well - thanks for posting :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The poster with the B3 Biturbo Allrad plowing through the snow looks a bit funny. The front spoiler would come off pretty quickly if anyone actually took it out in the snow like that :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hold on, when they refer to Alpina front spoilers as "Snow Ploughs" I thought thats what they meant!!!

Now you guys are telling me that in real snow they would fall off!!!!!! :eek:oohhh:

Its a bloody good job it didnt snow when I had my Alpina's over the years!!!!

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Yup, new diffuser on the ALPINA B5S, tested on the Michelin speedoval for sidestability and airflow. There is a limit what you can buil 'above' (on the trunk) so there is why Alpina worked on the diffuser. It looks great!

New stitching is available on the B5S as an oprtion the piping runs along hte seat per the picture above.

Alpina B3 BiTurbo Allrad is 25 mm higher than the regulat B3 BiTurbo Allrad and consumes slightly more fuel.

World Premiere of the D3 BiTurbo as well.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
All these Alpinas would be terriffic daily drivers.
What a torture it is for me,to see these cars and not being able to get my hands on one.
Living in US sucks......

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All these Alpinas would be terriffic daily drivers.
What a torture it is for me,to see these cars and not being able to get my hands on one.
Living in US sucks......
If you really really wanted to I am sure you could get a B5S or B6S in with some EPA/DOT import costs.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If you really really wanted to I am sure you could get a B5S or B6S in with some EPA/DOT import costs.
Really cost prohibitive,Alpinas are registered as Alpinas not BMWs so there would be also a question of crash tests.
Even without these,the total cost would exceed a brand new CL65

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really cost prohibitive,Alpinas are registered as Alpinas not BMWs so there would be also a question of crash tests.
Even without these,the total cost would exceed a brand new CL65
Are you sure about that? There are boardmembers here who imported E34 B10 BiTurbos which are also registered as Alpina.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Are you sure about that? There are boardmembers here who imported E34 B10 BiTurbos which are also registered as Alpina.
Rules are getting more restrictive every year and when you import an older car it has to comply with regulations from the year that car was produced.

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rules are getting more restrictive every year and when you import an older car it has to comply with regulations from the year that car was produced.
If you are serious about a B5 or B6 then I suggest you talk with boardmember Gerg - he brought in a BiTurbo only last year as well as a number of M5 3.8 Tourings. Pretty sure he can get a B5 in with the right motivation.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If you are serious about a B5 or B6 then I suggest you talk with boardmember Gerg - he brought in a BiTurbo only last year as well as a number of M5 3.8 Tourings. Pretty sure he can get a B5 in with the right motivation.
There is also this "tiny" factor of $ vs € exchange rate.
A €100k is almost $160k now,add the shipping,conversion and you are on the north side of $200k.
There are a lot of really nice cars here in that range......

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Actually, in the UK it's more like 5.2%, unless there's been a massive rush of Touring orders since the beginning of the year - in 2005-7, 4 B5 Tourings were sold in the UK (only 2 were customer orders, the others demonstrators), against 73 saloons.

Personally, I don't get it. Not when the UK is crazy for Audi RS Avants. Maybe the way Sytner has never advertised the model, or made any attempt to get the UK motoring press to acknowledge its existence, has something to do with it.

Anyway, enough moaning from me, especially since I sold mine!

New diffuser looks great - bit more subtle than the one on the B6, I think.

I do also think it's interesting that BMW haven't come out with an M5 or M6 with more power than the B5S/B6S yet - perhaps they're starting to let the Buchloe boys loose a little more...

Now, who's for a B3S Bi-Turbo Allrad, with 425PS? :hihi:

More likely we'll see a B3 that can do 35mpg all day long though, I suspect, given the way the winds are blowing...

·
Registered
890 Posts
D3 BiTurbo :3: probably the best everyday car in the world.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
B3 BI-TURBO ALLRAD, WILL BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THIS FARES UP AGAINST THE CURRENT RS4 :3:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts