BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...

New England folks, it seems like winter is finally letting up! The fact that we've gone 4 days without snow is a sure sign of summer :rolleyes:
Our last visit to Newport was short, but very memorable!
Are we ready to start making some plans for May?!

All the best

-Audio

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I am always up for a meet. Lets get things rolling again. It has been too long of a winter.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Audio - Great idea! Crazy month for me, but let's see what date gets picked. :wroom:

Bill

·
Registered
466 Posts
Let me know. Love it here in RI... now that the snow's gone.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking good!

I'll do a bit of looking around, and try to put together something special.
In the meantime if there are any preferences let me know.
My initial thought was the 2nd or 3rd weekend in May, 14-15, or 21-22. let’s see which one works out best.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

-Audio

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
14th is looking best for me right now. Just don't know my launch date yet.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I know.... Spoke too darn soon. Unbelievable!

Beamer_usa said:
Yes, today is Wednesday march 23rd and it is snowing at this ver moment WTF! Enough with the snow already:confused:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I woke up to about 5 inches of the WET white stuff this AM. Busted my *** to shovel the driveway, and when I get home NOTHING.. all of it has melted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Audio - it looks like there's a good RI contingent of M5's! We're in the process of moving to South Kingstown (Perryville) from Rye, NY. I expect to pick up my 'new' '02 LeMans/tan specimen within the next few days provided it passes it's dealer inspection.

We'd be thrilled to sponsor a 'drive in' at our place this summer as we're not far from the beaches and easy to find near Rt. 1. Just look for the church steeple! All M5's and K12's are welcome.

Michael

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is still going on? What's the deal?.....I got finals ending May 19th but I'm free as a bird afterwards:1:can't wait!

...been up for exactly 51 hours and 27 minutes studying for exams....red bull anyone ouich?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
We're definitely still on!

I'm on biz. travel unitl Friday of this week, so I'll have info on the meet by next week. Stay tuned.

-Audio

mikhail said:
This is still going on? What's the deal?.....I got finals ending May 19th but I'm free as a bird afterwards:1:can't wait!

...been up for exactly 51 hours and 27 minutes studying for exams....red bull anyone ouich?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wish I could join you guys. I just left Providence 2 yrs ago. I miss it sorely. My wife is from East Greenwich and is dying to get back. Nothing better than summer in Newport. Enjoy

Gordon

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'll be there if I can depending on the date chosen. I'm usually good on weekends although I think I have a trip to China in May that might mess up one weekend.

Hope I can go because I always love our meets. :M5thumbs:

-Todd

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Update 4/4/05

Did some leg work today and found a place that seems to suits our criteria very well.
The Hyatt Regency Hotel in Newport (Goat Island) has a full restaurant, with a well rated menu and staff. After speaking with their catering director, they seem eager to host the event.
Parking being a big motivating factor in choosing a venue, I found the folks here to be the most accommodating. They will “rope off” their south lawn, which has a great bay-view, for our leisure and parking. The hotel would also be a great place to stay, if any of you choose to spend the weekend.
Still working on post lunch plans, perhaps a scenic drive route... stay tuned on that.
For now I’d like to get a head count for lunch, and the number of cars.
I've attached the Hyatt's catering luncheon menu, and website for your review.
Also, based on the replies it's looking like the 14th of May would be the day of choice. Unless there is a major issue and/or bad weather we can plan on that.

-Audio

www.hyattregencynewport.com

Attachments

1 - 20 of 72 Posts