BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyday that I have read or posted messages to this board, the "newest" or most recent post (within a given topic), has appeared at the top, with the existing posts in "descending" chronological order (i.e. newest-to-oldest).

As of today, I have seen the exact "reverse"!!!

Within any given topic, the oldest post appears at the top, with the existing posts in "ascending" order (i.e. oldest-to newest), until the more recent/newest post appears last at the bottom.

Has the site changed its format in this regard, or did I inadvertently change some field on my user profile?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Its not you, it is the board. Some members have asked for it this way - I suspect Gustav is letting us experience it so we can see which we like better.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg,

I like the "old" way better! How do you feel about this subject?

By the way, please look at my 2 July 2000 post entitled "The CPT7000 Digital Phone System Web Site (which can be directly accessed at www.bmwm5.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000575.html).

Once there, you will see that BMW offers the CPT7000 for many of the different networks across the US (i.e. CDMA and TDMA, etc.). However, they don't offer an "AT&T" version (unlike Motorola themselves who now build a dedicated, mass-market "AT&T-compatible" non-OE BMW, non-OE Mercedes StarTac).

·
Registered
158 Posts
if we're taking votes, i prefer the old mechanism with the newest messages at the top of the list instead of the bottom.

in long threads (like this one is likely to become!), you've already read the old stuff and don't need/want to scroll through it to get to the new stuff.

my two pennies.
shawn

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
prefer latest at the top as I am fed up scrolling through all the old messages!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there any such site with technical/service data, such as an install guide?

Reference my reply on same thread:
I have both a BMW CPT700 phone and an AT&T StarTac dual-band digital phone. Both work fine with auto-muting radio/CD/tape and speakers and microphone, but neither work with MID or steering-wheel buttons.
However, I'd like to make the MID work, and I think that this is part is the key, but can anyone tell me where it goes?

Description: Adapter Wire (up to 01/00)
Part Number: 84 11 0 009 112
Price: $14.75

It is part of the CPT7000 installation kit for pre-January 2000 M5. No instructions for installation were included with the kit and the local BMW dealership is clueless.

[By the way, please look at my 2 July 2000 post entitled "The CPT7000 Digital Phone System Web Site (which can be directly accessed at www.bmwm5.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000575.html

Once there, you will see that BMW offers the CPT7000 for many of the different networks across the US (i.e. CDMA and TDMA, etc.). However, they don't offer an "AT&T" version (unlike Motorola themselves who now build a dedicated, mass-market "AT&T-compatible" non-OE BMW, non-OE Mercedes StarTac).[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
newest on top is my vote...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts