BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys- I just bought my first M!!! From the 3's to the 7's... I've finally hit the sweet spot with my M5. I've been viewing this board forever but I have never posted until now. I have to say... I've seen other boards and they are no where near as well organized (kudos to Gustav!) or with as many true, knowledgable, sophisticated enthusiats.

Well... to introduce myself I thought I'd share my first kill story. I live in the sleepy, drinking town with a college student problem (Newark, DE, USA) Last night, on my way to Wendy's, I came upon a white, C4 Corvette. I've seen pleanty of C4's and I just assumed it was some grandpa who lost his way in his slowvette. As I entered into a set of tight s-turns (the yellow sign says 20mph, I was going 50...no problem for the m-funf and a hungry driver). Half-way through I hear a screech and see the white vette's rear stepping-out in the driver while he tries to catch up to me. I couldn't resist. Such an easy kill :byebye:. I have just enough time to hit the sport button. As he came up next to me on the straight I noticed it was actually someone about my age. Worse yet... I could hear the sound of his supercharger! @*#! my first race and it has to be a supercharged vette. Un(@*!believable! Well... I defended my honor/manhood and laid down a good chunk of my rear Dunlops. 1st to 2nd.. just barely ahead...3rd...I chirped 'em and I start to pull... @#$! red light!!! Time to stop! At the end of the road you both lanes are forced to make a left. I'm wondering... should I turn the DSC on? Will I loose it? Worse yet... will he loose it? Eh... you'll never find out if you don't try... and besides... I'm way too stubborn to back down now! As the light turns green, both cars rocket into the intersection, sideways. The Vette, sure enough, almost looses it but the Beast handles it as if it was born to be sideways! I pull away through every gear and leave him looking at my quad-pipes. Later on down the road he wouldn't even come close to lining up with me. I can only assume out of embarrassment!

If anyone wants a cheap '04 330 ZHP PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I have to sell it now that I have the M. I'll ship/drive it anywhere!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great kill. So nice to hear that you spanked the Vette. Keep the race kills coming..:M5launch: :M5launch: :noSMG:

·
Registered
116 Posts
If anyone wants a cheap '04 330 ZHP PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I have to sell it now that I have the M. I'll ship/drive it anywhere![/QUOTE]
pm'ed you...

--Mike

·
Registered
931 Posts
Welcome to the Board. Good story, you are holding the M5 banner well.
:M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Very interesting....I'm from Newark as well. We'll have to catch up one day. There are not many M5's around so we are exclusive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pete- Bone stock for now. I think that I'll be installing a new clutch soon and then the Active Autowerkes intake/braking duct system.

boostmiser - I wonder how in the world I've never seen you. We deffinitely will..theres not too many people who have good taste around here, right?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
autobhnstmr said:
boostmiser - I wonder how in the world I've never seen you. We deffinitely will..theres not too many people who have good taste around here, right?
Check my signature for my web page. You can see pics of my car. You need to upload some pics as well.
I'm off Old Baltimore Pike. There is a house about 1/2 mile from me that has a black M5. Saw it sitting there one day but no one was out or I would have stopped. One day I need to stop and talk to the guy. There is also a silver M5 with a vanity tag (FastMD or something like that) in the Glasgow Medical Center. I've been to Union Park for warranty work and they always get excited when I visit because they told me they don't get many M5's in. I prefer them over Otto's. Do you know about European Performance over in Elsmere?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Great story. The coorvettes in my town can only shake theri heads in disbelief when the grey, four door blows them off the line.

·
Registered
554 Posts
autobhnstmr said:
Pete- Bone stock for now. I think that I'll be installing a new clutch soon and then the Active Autowerkes intake/braking duct system.
Awesome. Makes the story so much more sweeter. He had his supercharged you say? :hihi: hehehehe

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for the story!

My first tangle after buying the M5 was also a 'vette, driving through New Mexico on my way home from the Dealership in Texas. My story wasn't as exciting nor was it the flat out kill that your is - but on the freeway he was unable to take me, and he had more displacement, only two seats, and a plastic car.

Great stuff.

Paul

·
Registered
240 Posts
Glad to see you guys spankin' some S/C vettes down there, but watch out, you'll end up in Maryland before you get out of fourth gear!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boostmiser- I recently sold a house in Forest Ridge off of Old Baltimore Pike and Otts Chapel. Maybe you saw my black M5 when I was there?

And yes, the C4 Vette was blown. I could hear the whine... I think it turned more into a whimper after the second light haha. If it was a C5 I doubt I would have won. There is a twin-turboed C5 producing something like 650hp around here. I might has stood a chance against him b/c all he can do is spin his tires and smoke with the slightest touch of the gas. Hell I beat him to 60mph in my '98 740iL with 3 people in it (then he flew by me).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts