BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People

I am from South Africa-new member,awaiting the arrival of my E60 M5-Silverstone.Currently owning a M Coupe.Well the waiting list for the M5 is madness here.The dealer cant even advise me on a delivery date,just says sometime next year-2006.One dealer quoted me a watin list for 5 years

Guys please advise me on your personal opinions on the M5.I have read articles and downloaded clips but the best advise are from the owners.It will be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Sasheen,

As a current owner - all I can say is hang in there, persist and make sure you get one. Having waited three years and finally got my car back in July, I'm thrilled to bits! I've been running the car in and have only just started using the M button. It's simply magnificent. Totally awesome. The car feels solid, strong, immensley powerful and is nothing less than a stealth bomber. This is no ordinary BMW - having driven Porsches, ferraris and Lambo's I can compare the driving experience. Sure it isn't as instantly magical as driving a Lambo or a Fezza, but there is something sublime about a four door saloon that can hit 200mph and leave other real supercars in it's wake. Infact I was at some lights in Wimbledon two days ago when a guy pulled up in a brand new Ferrari 430 LHD and asked me if I wanted to swap cars for the weekend!!! That says it all!

The car is so utterly practical - decent long haul seats, superb Climate, fantastic Pro Logic and a boot for your golf clubs. And finally - 507bhp....:M5launch: .... Mine is Black with Black - I have the sun protestion glass. In Black all the chromw really shows up well. It looks like a true beast. I've already had people taking pics on their phones and their dig' cameras!

The driving experience is obviously what it's all about. At first glance the car looks huge - but once your inside, it feels like your driving a pocket rocket! Nimble is the word that comes to mind. Sharp responsive and when it needs to be, brutal. I'm totally happy with mine and recommend it.
Obviously the fuel consumption is a tad embarrasing - but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Focus & buy!

Good luck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasim5 said:
Wasim5.Thanks alot for the advise.Well all i can say that i am definately buying it.I have put my order through 3 weeks ago.Just waitin ofor the dealer to get allocations from BMW South Africa on delivery.

Cant wait to get my hands behind the wheel.

How does the M button work?Read about it but dont know exactly how it does work.

I have never driven a SMG before.Please do explain how the SMG works in driving,gear change etc.Is it like an automatic?

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sasheen said:
Hi People

I am from South Africa-new member,awaiting the arrival of my E60 M5-Silverstone.Currently owning a M Coupe.Well the waiting list for the M5 is madness here.The dealer cant even advise me on a delivery date,just says sometime next year-2006.One dealer quoted me a watin list for 5 years

Guys please advise me on your personal opinions on the M5.I have read articles and downloaded clips but the best advise are from the owners.It will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Sasheen, I can get you an M5 this october if you are interested. please mail me [email protected] belongs to a friend but he doesnt want to keep it anymore. Its arriving next month.

Welcome here :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts