BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been lurking on this board for some time and didn't feel right participating until I had my car in the garage. It is a 2000 M5 Blk/Blk.

The previous owner said that the car was a former CEC AC Schnitzer show car, however, it does not have the DFC Suspension. If anyone knows the history of this car, I would love to know any and all information about it. I was told that the original owner's name was Chen Han Chen, if that rings a bell with anyone. It would be awesome if someone had pictures of the car when it was displayed at a show.

I picked up the car Saturday, February 26 but immediately noticed that the car was not feeling right. As you can imagine, I started freaking out and called the seller. He stated that the car was running fine in the morning. The problem was when I was on the freeway. As I tried to accelerate, the car would hesitate and the SES light came on. I pulled off the freeway and parked it for a while so my wife could feed our infant daughter in the other car while I looked over the vehicle. Everything looked okay and when I started the car, the SES light was not on, so we got back on the freeway. As I tried to accelerate again, the car hesitated and the SES light came back on. This is when I had the car towed to Michelangelo's in Irvine.

Richard Michelangelo retrieved all of the codes, which I will list in a separate post, and kept the car for a few days.

So to make a long story short, the car was ready to be picked up Thursday and everything seems to be okay after the $1500.00 service.

I have owned a E28 M5 and a E34 M5, both of which I sold with over 160K trouble free miles on them. This car is like night and day compared to the E34 M5 and the Porsche 993. Fifth and Sixth gear are actually usable. In Fact, when I was driving the car home and was in fifth on the freeway, I thought I was in Third and when I was in Sixth I thought I was in fourth. When my wife pulled in front of me as we were changing lanes, she said she could see a huge smile on my face :biggrin: .

Sorry for such a long post, I just am so excited to have this car. I actually saved some of the original articles on the E39 M5 when they came out knowing this time would come. I plan on posting several other questions I have separetly and look forward to the next group drive.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are a few pictures of my car that the previous owner took. I will try to take some additional pictures soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is my favorite shot!! :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Newbie,

Congrats on the Beast, and those wheels and Brembos look awesome....:flag:

Ed

B

·
0 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase, and welcome to the board. Do you have more information on the cause of the intial SES problems that you experienced? Was it related to the MAFS or CPS, or maybe something else?

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Very nice James - the wheels & brakes look great.

Congrats & welcome :byee55amg

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ducman how can you not smile? Even on the back of a flatbed. Just like any used car you need to get the bugs out from the previous owner so it can become your car. A similar thing happened to me when I picked up my 00. It was all shiny and clean and I was on such a cloud. The first night I went to show it off it won't start, the battery was dead. How embarrassing. A new battery took care of that. The SES light came on shortly after and everyboby was saying "what's that light on the dash". A cam sensor took care of that. There will be other things to deal with, it's still a used car but it's worth it. That big smile is still there for me. :1:

Congrats and good luck it's a beauiful car.

Joe

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ducman69:

Beautiful ride. Love those AC Schnitzer - 19" Type III Racing Wheels.

Congrats and enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts