BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to say I enjoy all the "witty banter" and opinions on the board. I'm the new owner of a '01 M5 (15K miles) and I'm thinking of making a few "upgrades". Nothing as radical as I did with the M3 (ACS S3) :haha2:
Anyway, I'd like to start with the indicator lights...do I need specific part numbers in order to replace them with Osram/Philips bulbs?? I've been doing some reading about CAI, but I'm getting a lot of comflicting reports...some of you swear there's a difference, others swear it's a waste of money :confused:

I've seen a few people mention software upgrades...any suggestions/recommendations and rough estimate in price would be helpful. Thanks all and happy motoring. :byee55amg

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Welcome aboard!!

This is where the mod bug bites and leaves your bank balance in a vacuum.

I am in the camp that the CAI is eye candy. I am not a vehement believer but think that I need first hand experience to convert me.

By popular consensus Powerchip is the software of choice. Will cost approx $1,000 before discount. They have a number of "packages" or configurations that they will offer you. Call them direct or work through Beastpower, a vendor/sponsor on the board.

Think about doing a SSK.. many to choose from, an exhaust mod (Kelleners or Tubi are the most popular) but again, there are many to pick from.

I don't know about the bulbs, perhaps one of the others here can help.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome to the board, I've not been bitten by the mod bug...I like my '99 just the way it is ( at the moment! ). Spend some time with your new beast and then decided what you want to mod....you'll appreciate it so much more. Good luck

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: One last thing...

Hi thanks, couple things...I've seen a lot of people with all these mods, many of which I've never even heard of...like an X-pipe, security glass, stage II xenon headlights/foglights, various software upgrades, etc.

Any place I can do some reading on these items??
Thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts