BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my name is Phil, and I am the proud new owner of a 2000 M5, Silverstone in color! I grew up in Canada, but now have moved to Dubai, in the U.A.E. and got an absolutely smoking deal on this beast with only 80,000 kms. I have already ordered a UUC SSK and DSSR, and am replacing my factory CD Changer with an Alpine MP3 Changer. I have been browsing this board for a while now, just wanted to say hello. My future planned upgrades are getting angel eyes, and switching my NAV to the fullscreen NAV. Actually I don't plan on using the Navigation, just think the whole screen looks much better! As for the angel eyes, any recommendations?

There is a shop out here that will replace the fronts and rears to the updated look for about $2k US, installation included. Is that a good deal? I am an avid DYI'er and would have no problem doing the work myself, but is $2k worth it to have them do it?

Thanks for the help, I look forward to being a regular contributor here, love to put my .02 cents in!!! (Former e36 - 97 328is - owner!)

Viva BMW!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Looks like my car - 2000 Silverstone as welll, and 97,000 miles I too did the angel eye upgrade and it made a huge difference.

I cannot remember where but I did an internet search and got the pair for $950 OEM so look around.

Welcome to the board - the information on M5's here is tremendous.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome to the board Phil :byebye:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello PhilWelcome to the board!

Umnitza makes some pretty nice lights for your M5, and they are a board sponsor as well. Do a search on this board for them, and you will see some installs.
http://www.umnitza.com/

So, how long have you been out of Canada? What do you do in Dubai? I'd like to head out there sometime as well.

//vic

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Vic, and thanks everyone for the messages! I'm an Air Traffic Controller, and I've only been here for 2 months. Dubai is amazing, what a cool spot in the middle east, far from any craziness that's going on in Iraq or Afghanistan. Very western, not very diffrent from Toronto or Vancouver. Cars are unbelievably cheap here'! I could never afford the M5 in Canada, ok maybe just afford it, but the insurance would have killed me. Here I pay about $1000 Cdn ($800 US?) per year for full ins.

As for headlights, I am leaning towards the umnitza headlights, are they up to OEM specs? Do they come complete with everything I need to install? I have read some posts about check headlights coming up on the OBC.

Thanks so much guys!

Phil...:1:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Hello and WELCOME to the board, Phil.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :happybirt

·
Registered
351 Posts
Welcome. I too have an '00 and recently upgraded to the angel eyes. My thoughts: I ordered from Bekkers as I discovered they still work with the self leveling system. I could be wrong and nothing against Umnitza, but my understanding is that theirs will eliminate the leveling system. I think I paid around $1100 as I paid a bit more for the Euro clear corners. Hope this helps.
Best,
TripleD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts