BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed there is a "rest" button on teh climate control unit.... does anyone know what that is for?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
If you leave the key in the accessory position while the engine is turned off, depressing the REST button allows you to blow "stored hot air" for a while, to keep the interior warm. This feature is inteded to be used when you drive somewhere and park your car. It allows you to get some heat without idling.

If you don't have a BMW M5 Operator's Manual for your glovebox, they can be bought at the dealer for about $8.

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lscman said:
If you leave the key in the accessory position while the engine is turned off, depressing the REST button allows you to blow "stored hot air" for a while, to keep the interior warm. This feature is inteded to be used when you drive somewhere and park your car. It allows you to get some heat without idling.

If you don't have a BMW M5 Operator's Manual for your glovebox, they can be bought at the dealer for about $8.
Thanks....I do have a manual... I was just in lazy mode... sorryzzzzz

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Note the "rest" button was eliminated from MY2001 onwards.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lscman said:

Or can be downloaded in PDF format from BMW's Owner's Circle website.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Note the "rest" button was eliminated from MY2001 onwards.
The button was eliminated but I remember reading that the function is still there - but I don't remember how to activate it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The 'REST' button is one of the most understated features of the A/C package in the car...

It works well for grocery store runs, and short dinners...

:)

:byebye:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts