BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thanks for a great site full of info, inspiration, and camaraderie. Proud to be an owner of an e39 M5, and member of the m5board. Here's some pics of her.

Special thanks to brother Ron, who let me buy her. She's got a bunch of maintenance issues to take care of, but she's on the mend and will be in top shape very soon!

Cheers!
Shannon

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
repairs done and needed

She's been in to her new doctor, Mr. Mark Osborne of Osborne Auto Service twice. He is a great mechanic with knowledge and expertise. First was for oil change and multi point inspection. Second was for replacement plugs and drive shaft coupler. Next week will be to replace power steering hoses, one camshaft position sensor and a bracket found to be broken.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$135 for oil and multi point inspection (including 8qts synthetic), and $690 for plugs and coupler.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, you guys, I appreciate it! The e39 m5 has been my dream and quest for a while now. Wife and I bought first BMW (2008 528i w/ sport from sister-in-law and brother) in 2011. While it was such a slick ride I have been stalking the e39 for longer. Finally the right one came long, and I sold e60, and got connected!

Sorry to run on, but love, love, love this thing! It is my muse.

I'm looking forward to having power steering hoses done (leaking) and getting cps/pulse generator replaced this week. Seems like recently, steering went heavy even though not in sport mode. Will see how different & happier she is!

After reading about guys changing their cps, I hope engine runs even better, and that engine code clears. Mechanic says timing chain may need to be replaced. Yike$!

Thanks again for this great forum and community!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
very nice. what suspension are you running?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the compliments! Means a lot coming from you all!

TopEnd, I plead ignorance. I was soo beside myself in the overall process of acquiring her, I never asked for any of the details for any of the mods. Prior to this buy, I gave the buyer of the `08 e60 528i w/ sport I sold all the receipts for most everything (pic is of her just before she was sold).

I figured I would learn about whatever I needed to as I had her slowly brought back to her badd self. I just wanted her and didn't care!! I was a head over heels gonner. I know the drop is .5" all around, power bushings rear sway bar, and that's it. So far, so good...she is getting worked on as I type this. My mechanic says she's in pretty good shape underneath. We'll see if he still says that by the end of today!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts