BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, figured I'd put this in the regional section...

My name's Ravi, I recently moved to Chicago this past September for work/edu to get my MD. I have 2002 Le Mans Blue M5, basically all stock except i matte blacked the rear lower bumper segment, and i have upgraded the angel eyes to white leds. I'm from the East Coast, and will be bringing the e39 back to chicago, come May 23-24.

Just seeing if there's any fun meets/drives to enjoy with the local members, as well as ask if there are any good Cars & Coffee type events in the city/surrounding burbs. I had heard about Supercar Saturdays, but not sure if that's still happening anymore.

My school/work usually takes up most of my time, but I'll try to be active on here, even if im only lurking. As for projects for the car, I'd like to get some spacers, muffler delete (let me know if there's a particular place i should go in Chicago), tint, and those "smoked chrome" kidney grilles. Honestly no reason to otherwise mess with perfection!

I like taking photos of cars as well...im sure there are plenty of amazing photographers on this forum, so I'll just leave a quick link to my flickr page if anyone wants to check that out. Don't know the city that well, and would love to find great spots to shoot, so again, please chime in with any suggestions for a newcomer to this beautiful city!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ravigill/

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hey everyone, figured I'd put this in the regional section...

My name's Ravi, I recently moved to Chicago this past September for work/edu to get my MD. I have 2002 Le Mans Blue M5, basically all stock except i matte blacked the rear lower bumper segment, and i have upgraded the angel eyes to white leds. I'm from the East Coast, and will be bringing the e39 back to chicago, come May 23-24.

Just seeing if there's any fun meets/drives to enjoy with the local members, as well as ask if there are any good Cars & Coffee type events in the city/surrounding burbs. I had heard about Supercar Saturdays, but not sure if that's still happening anymore.

My school/work usually takes up most of my time, but I'll try to be active on here, even if im only lurking. As for projects for the car, I'd like to get some spacers, muffler delete (let me know if there's a particular place i should go in Chicago), tint, and those "smoked chrome" kidney grilles. Honestly no reason to otherwise mess with perfection!

I like taking photos of cars as well...im sure there are plenty of amazing photographers on this forum, so I'll just leave a quick link to my flickr page if anyone wants to check that out. Don't know the city that well, and would love to find great spots to shoot, so again, please chime in with any suggestions for a newcomer to this beautiful city!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ravigill/
Welcome to Chicago. Here are some places to assist you with what you need:

- Muffler Delete - Iggy's Muffler Shop (they do it all)
7230 W Montrose Ave, Norridge, IL 60706
- Tints - Umbra or Major Tint - I have used Major tint for all my cars.
- Kidney - IND they are located in Chicago

ChitownM has a weekly meet and yes Supercars is still happening and the first meet is this weekend.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Welcome to the area!

There are lots of meets all over the place.

Before too long bmwMcrzy will probably pop in here and he knows all of the meets, cruizes etc. I rarely go to any so I don't keep track of them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, for the warm welcoming! What times does Supercar Saturdays run? i have to work this saturday and the next from 8-1 to 2pm with a bunch of unruly fat kids in a peds clinic, and then it'd prob take another 30-45 to get to Bolingbrook.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The e39 made it to Dayton, OH without so much as even a hiccup today. ~6hr drive to chicago tomorrow, and then time to get her cleaned up and shining for Memorial Day Weekend. did about 8-9hrs in the car today, and other than some slight lower back stiffness, car was super comfortable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to Chicago! I see you like McLaren. :thumbsup:

I will be at LSFC in Lake Bluff this weekend for the 2016 McLaren Sports Series reveal.

If you need local service etc for your E39 M5, let me know I have my own shop.

There is annual BMW meet at Busse Woods by Schaumburg. Not sure about the date.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for the welcome, guys. Sorry I missed your post, Azurite, I'd have loved to catch the new 570S in person. Happened to stop by there just last week and saw their Sergio uncovered in the back. Made my way out to Supercar Saturdays in Glenview this past weekend and met a couple cool BMW guys, including two other LeMans Blue owners!

Stopped by IND the same day before I saw the Sergio at LFSC, pretty nice people over there, but sadly nothing in stock for my old ride haha

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Ravi !
Did I run into your on Supercar Saturdays in Glenview ?
I parked my LMB E39 M5 in the garage.

Check out chitownm.com!
We meet every Wedsnesday ... snow, rain or shine.
I try to organize monthly cruises between April to October.
Yea, i was the brown guy with the beard and a camera haha. where do you guys meet on wednesdays? took a quick browse through that forum, but didn't see any address. I'll try to make it out next week.

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts