BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2001 CPO M5 w/ 40K on it. It has Nav w/ tape player (NO CD player/changer at all). I don't need CD if I can hook up Ipod. Is BlitzSafe the best way to go? I've searched and read previous posts for hours, but want to make sure I'm going about this the easiest route. Will the Ipod sound be better than that of the radio? CD? What to do?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
531 Posts
If you want to go Ipod, I think the best choice is Ice Link. Depending on the model of your nav unit you may need the DSP module also. Do a search for Ipod or Ice Link, and you'll see the previous discussion.

oh. Welcome:byebye: I've got the CD changer, but I'm trying to see if it's worth it to go through all this to get my IPOD to work. It's soo nice to have access to so many choices versus 6 CD's and a bunch of radio stations.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Will the ipod sound better than CD? Thats debatable. The short answer is it cannot sound better. However, there are so many factors that it is possible that it will have a more pleasing sound and lets not forget the convenience factor. I like what I see from ice link although I have no experience with it. You may also wish to consider satellite radio. IMHO it is not really competing with FM/AM but more so with the cd changer and ipod.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have an 01 as well and I went with the blitzsafe but I do not have an ipod. If I did, I would have probably gone with the icelink. What I like about the blitzsafe is that I now can connect almost any audio device with a mini-headphone jack. right now I switch between an MP3 player and Sirius radio unit. The connecto cable runs from the back of the car to the front. Very handy and it was a very cheap install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts