BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I just bought a 2001 M5 about 3 weeks ago. Drove 5 hours to get it.
Loving the car and glad to see a good community keeping these things alive!

Car:
Silver
Vorsteiner CF hood
Shark tune
Corsa exhaust
aFe stage II intake

Thanks for all the awesome threads. Its kept this whole thing going for me.
There's no excuse for not searching either. Without ever posting on this site
I changed so far:
Fuel Pump (Walbro F20000169)
Fuel filter
Thermostat
(thanks ECS tuning from right down the road!!)
INPA software + cable

I'm blanking on anything else, but I at least try and do one thing a day nice for the car lol.
look forward to posting a little more on here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome!

I'm new too - don't be afraid to post if you searched and didn't find it though! I got in trouble while changing some CPS sensors and it turns out it wasn't even my fault! go figure... but the forum saved my ***.

anyway - that's a nice ride - esp. in Ohio. lots of straight roads to drive on! lol. enjoy!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Glad to see another Ohio member on here, but

anyway - that's a nice ride - esp. in Ohio. lots of straight roads to drive on! lol. enjoy!
I don't think you have been to Ohio much, there are great twisty back roads here, you just have to know where to look. :M5launch:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure the resident trolls will thank you for using the search in equal proportion to how much they would slam you for not using it.

Ask away! and don't worry your car won't break as often as you'll be worried that it will from forum addiction.

And for god's sake let's see some pics.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure the resident trolls will thank you for using the search in equal proportion to how much they would slam you for not using it.

Ask away! and don't worry your car won't break as often as you'll be worried that it will from forum addiction.

And for god's sake let's see some pics.
+1 hahah... Grats and welcome OP

·
Registered
417 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to a world of maintenance. The resident gurus will be able to point you in the right direction and if you need any used parts, I imagine that Adam (Clemster) will have it.

Now that you have your Beast, we all expect you to be at TimmayFest this year!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Congratulation on the new ride and welcome to the mental illness that is M5 ownership.

And the Pictures are where again? :grinyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay Okay!!! LOL I'll load these pics onto my PC, It's pretty ugly out right now, I'll try and take some better ones tomorrow
5 more min..........

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I just got a 30 pack of these plastic rivets :1:, this weekend gonna clean up any lose or old ones, and there's a couple spots of underbody coating that I wanna clean up as well......
2014-04-03_20-16-45_738.jpg

·
Registered
933 Posts
Reactions: User Name

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
No, because there is the hassle of shipping it to you. I, on the other hand, would drive to Canton where we'd do a cash and swap deal. Oh, yeah, welcome OP. Nice car.
You have the hassle of having to repaint it and in the process might even ruin the carbon fibre. I, on the other hand, would simply install the hood and call it a day. I could even ship my stock hood so "User Name" wouldn't be hoodless! :biggrinbounce:

I got dibs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahaha, I thought about just wanting to get a stock hood, I'm on the fence though, Its starting to grow on me....

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Hahaha, I thought about just wanting to get a stock hood, I'm on the fence though, Its starting to grow on me....
Vorsteiner. What r u doin. Vorsteiner. STAHHHHPPPPP!

No dude, you want stock hood, it's sooooo much cleaner, that's for sure, I'll take your messy hood. PM or email me at theshafro at gmail for a feeler if you'd like :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts