BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2001 euro spec m5 all the usual things are falling off it AFM,clutch,rear main oil seal, diff seals,engine light i should hate it but there seems to be a monster lurking once all these problems are sorted which will happen this week while its stripped thought i might take the time to change the exhaust what i want is a bit more noise thought may be Remus or supersprint if i use super sprint is it better to add X pipe i do not want it to sound like a dragster ----mike:confused2 :M5eyes:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike :cheers:

Sounds like you have a number of problems - was the car abused or simply not well maintained?

I feel that the Remus exhausts aren't the best but they'll certainly make the car louder, as will the SS and Eisenmann/Kelleners versions. I'd get the rest of your car sorted first then think about the exhausts as a separate issue.

I have the Millteks fitted on mine and I like them a lot. There is a lot of discussion on the board on this topic so do use the search feature.

Better still come along to one of our meets where you can see & hear a bunch of different exhausts and ask lots of questions.... :M5thumbs:

B

·
0 Posts
mcoupe55 said:
i have 2001 euro spec m5 all the usual things are falling off it AFM,clutch,rear main oil seal, diff seals,engine light i should hate it but there seems to be a monster lurking once all these problems are sorted which will happen this week while its stripped thought i might take the time to change the exhaust what i want is a bit more noise thought may be Remus or supersprint if i use super sprint is it better to add X pipe i do not want it to sound like a dragster ----mike:confused2 :M5eyes:
Welcome to to the messageboard. Sorry to hear of the issues with your M5, but your car should be fine once these "small" issues are handled.

The Supersprint exhaust with X-pipe will provide you with the sound that you are looking for. I used to have this combination on my M5 (albeit, the Supersprint had the Hamann logo printed on the tips in my case - it is an identical product). We are offering a big discount on the Supersprint exhaust until the end of this month (see our coupon thread within the vendor forum). We can ship to you via international air-freight for very little. Send us an e-mail for more details.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have also been searching for exhausts and have found quite a few threads on this subject and have found them quite infomative, I found that on beastpowers website their is several sound clips available to listen too and also on Discovery Automotive their is some good clips as well, I personally liked the Tubi rumore but have found more then enough information to make an informed decision, best of luck in what ever you decide, Josh

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi,

I recently got the Eisenmann race exhaust with the Supersprint X pipe. Let me tell you it is just plain awesome. All depends on personal preference but I could not be happier.

The sound clips on beastpower.com do a nice job of capturing the Eisenmanns with the Xpipe. I found them to be quite representative of what you'll hear in real life.

Personally, I thought the Remus were not loud enough, and the Kelleners (which I've heard in person with the X pipe) are obnoxious. Just my two cents.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I agree that the Kelleners are VERY loud.

Here's some more info on the Millteks:

http://www.millteksport.com//exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=41

:cheers:
I have heard that there have been fitment problems when installing the Milltek exhaust on the M5 (e39). This information is not from direct experience, but comes from a very reliable source. Use it as you see fit.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I had a minor rattle after mine was fitted by this was soon adjusted and they really are excellent. It's all a matter of personal preference. This takes nothing away from you & your excellent products Daniel :cheers:

B

·
0 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I had a minor rattle after mine was fitted by this was soon adjusted and they really are excellent. It's all a matter of personal preference. This takes nothing away from you & your excellent products Daniel :cheers:
I was just providing some information that may be helpful. I have no direct connection with Milltek at this time, and they seem like a good outfit, so who knows?

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
toolape said:
Hi,

I recently got the Eisenmann race exhaust with the Supersprint X pipe. Let me tell you it is just plain awesome. All depends on personal preference but I could not be happier.

The sound clips on beastpower.com do a nice job of capturing the Eisenmanns with the Xpipe. I found them to be quite representative of what you'll hear in real life.

Personally, I thought the Remus were not loud enough, and the Kelleners (which I've heard in person with the X pipe) are obnoxious. Just my two cents.

Best of luck.
I have always been under the assumption that he Eisenmann and Kelleners are one and the same for all intents and purposes...? And, having driven a car set up with the Kelleners / X pipe some time back, I thought it was OK to have from a daily drivers perspective. That said, the exhaust was fairly new and I know they get louder over time. So perhaps after 20k miles it all becomes too in your face loud..

I loved my Kelleners cans, no X pipe.. sound was just right for me.. :M5launch:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts