BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, having decided that it was time to go from V8 to V10. Seems to be a controversial subject this M3 to M6 debate, so I won't dwell too long on that!

My M6 is Silverstone 2, and completely standard(at the moment!). I've had it about 2 months, the bug is starting to bite pretty hard, and it's time to start modifying! Really happy with the car. What an amazing sound, a definite factor in reducing fuel consumption!

I'm thinking lose the primary cats, remap and rpi to get things going. KW V3's on the horizon following that... we'll see!

Cheers and look forward to picking your brains in the future,

James

·
Registered
933 Posts
congrats,

I also came from an E93 M3...and as great as that V8 motor was...the V10 in the M6 is a whole other beast. The E93 M3 (especially given the additional 400+ lbs it had to carry around was never "FAST" enough for me...it never felt like it was putting me into the back of my seat. The M6 on the other hand is a whole other level.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely! I went from a CSL which had KW V3's, AP's and some other track mods, to an E93 M3, then to an E92 M3 Edition. I completely agree with the 'wasn't enough' comment. The M6 is incredible at the top, past 80 and it's in a whole different league. It's just eating gears like they're not there!

I've been very pleasantly surprised by the M6, it's a seriously capable car, and I love the stealth appearance of them. Looking forward to getting some good mods down. Having read a few things on the boards, it seems the KW's on these seem to work well.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Congrats. Post some pix.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Congratulation , M6 / M3 i love both cars .

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome to the M6 side of the house! Post some pics now and don't be stingy.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
welcome aboard my friends.

·
Premium Member
8,369 Posts
Congrats on your fine acquisition and welcome to the board!

I had a similar experience as slammedM6. When the E93 V8 M3 came out - I went to the dealership for a test drive.
After owning an E39 M5 and an E63 M6 - I simply was not thrilled with the power present on the V8 M3 motor.
I was actually disappointed.

Then when I went to get my M6 serviced at the dealership - they provided me a 135i twin turbo loaner.
Holy crap that car moves!

I know a lot of guys here dont like the twin turbos but I tell you - amazing power.
I had so much fun with my 135i loaner.

And I know the V10 will be missed as I dont think BMW will produce another one for future cars but I am fairly certain - BMW wont disappoint us when the next motor for the M6 comes out.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Dan, Ajax doesn't like the concept of TT. But having said that, Ajax will be first in line for an appointment to test drive the TTV8 M6 the very day it arrives at the stealership!! Already told my SA that I want to be the first to drive it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the kind welcomes. I'll be sure to post some pics up as soon as the weather picks up here, and won't be stingy!

Sensing a bit of turbo tension here!!! It'll certainly make the tuning element interesting on the next wave of M cars.

I've heard very good things of the 135i TT from one a friend who works at a dealership. I bet that loan car didn't make it back with the same tread depth it left with!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts