BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hood arrived and I had it installed - here are a few pics of her in current condition - she is a little dirty from the rain - next on my agenda is the front end - definitely changing it out to the M4 front end for the E60.

Hope you like the progress :)

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
This M5 just keeps get better. #goals.

The power bulge reminds me of the E46 M3 hoods. Love it!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This M5 just keeps get better. #goals.

The power bulge reminds me of the E46 M3 hoods. Love it!
Thanks yours is coming along nicely as well :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry - here is the shot from the side so you can see hood

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Would you mind sharing some more pictures of the bonnet and how's the fitting compared to oem? What do you think of the underside? Good quality?

I'm considering one since vorsteiner's hasn't popped up second hand in over 18months....

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you mind sharing some more pictures of the bonnet and how's the fitting compared to oem? What do you think of the underside? Good quality?

I'm considering one since vorsteiner's hasn't popped up second hand in over 18months....

Im going to get her cleaned tomorrow and will snap some images for you - the gap is almost perfect all the way around - the digging I did said this was one of the best fitting hoods for the E60 - the body shop agreed they said it required little to no adjustment and fit and finish is very nice!

I am very impressed with it and I admit I like it more than I thought I would it is absolutely beautiful and I think it is somewhat understated compared to the GTR style - the hood was 1439.00 shipped - new from VIS -

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks that would be appreciated. There's not enough good photos of these bonnets on google... The only thing stopping me buying one is the powerdome, it seems squarer and slightly taller than the Vorsteiner (I like the understated domes), but if it's not too aggressive I think I'll pull the trigger like you. ;)

Is that a custom spoiler you have? or is it a carbon boot? I love the look of the Ericsson CSL style, but not the price!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cops are stalking you!
LOL you should see the other side of my building - this is a shot from one of my spare rooms - the building you see across the street is the 911 center / Main Police Station

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks that would be appreciated. There's not enough good photos of these bonnets on google... The only thing stopping me buying one is the powerdome, it seems squarer and slightly taller than the Vorsteiner (I like the understated domes), but if it's not too aggressive I think I'll pull the trigger like you. ;)

Is that a custom spoiler you have? or is it a carbon boot? I love the look of the Ericsson CSL style, but not the price!!
The riser on the hood is more subtle than you think from the inside of the car you can barely notice or see it - it fits nicely with the lines of the car and the hood - it is also stretched and takes up quite a bit of real estate on the hood surface. The trunk is a VIS as well and is the CSL style -- I put it on a few months ago and got a great deal on it around Christmas time.

I got a quick clean and took images of the hood and trunk for you - as well as the underside and the gap around the hood and trunk - buy them together if you can :)

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Have you washed the car yet? Wondering how well the rain guards work

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you washed the car yet? Wondering how well the rain guards work
Bone dry underneath when I opened the hood for the photos which was right after the wash

·
Registered
218 Posts
Awesome photos, thanks for taking the time. Your car looks great, the hood fits really well. I'm going to add it to my to do list....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome photos, thanks for taking the time. Your car looks great, the hood fits really well. I'm going to add it to my to do list....

no problem i know what you mean i looked at the same 6 or 7 photos over and over to make my choice. i hope this helped ..... thanks she is coming along nicely ..... have a few more exterior cf bits coming excited to get them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
4 Participants
JGINWS
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing