BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New World Records for Koenigsegg

Today the 2nd of September 2011 at 12.08 pm a standard Koenigsegg Agera R took several new production car world records at the Koenigsegg proving ground in Ängelholm, Sweden.

All data was measured and collected by a third party with the officially accepted Racelogic VBox performance recorder.

The Records truly show the Agera Rs phenomenal stability, acceleration and braking performance - and that presently its performance is in a leauge of its own. All results will be submitted to the Guinness Book of Records.

The numbers are as follows:

0-300 km/h = 14.53 sec

0-200 mp/h = 17.68 sec

300-0 km/h = 6.66 sec

200-0 mp/h = 7.28 sec

0-300-0 km/h = 21.19 sec

0-200-0 mp/h = 24.96 sec

Meteorological data:

Wind was calm and came in straight from the side, not affecting the results. Weather was partially cloudy and fair. The test track is completely flat with no gradient.

Testtrack heading: 040 degrees

Wind direction: 290 degrees

Wind speed: 9 kts

Temp: 15.4 C

Pressure: 1015 HPA 

We are proud to announce that this record breaking car is heading to our partners in Singapore. It will be showcased at the Singapore Grand Prix FIA Formula One World Championship. This is the first Koenigsegg Agera R in Singapore. Don´t miss the opportunity to check this world champion out.

Koenigsegg | Official website of the Swedish super sports car manufacuturer

Kind Regards
Koenigsegg Automotive AB
262 74 Ängelholm – SWEDEN
+46 431 45 44 60, Fax:+46 431 45 44 61

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fAgHub7AWFY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fAgHub7AWFY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Attachments

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Couple of comments/questions:

1) That interior color is god-awful. I thought it was a Pagani for a minute there.
2) Koenigsegg needs to work on the refresh rate for the dashboard. The rev counter doesn't appear to keep up with the engine.
3) Why is this car still wearing the development car's roof? Telemetry equipment?

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually we had that roof only for preparations. We had the regular oen today when we put down the records.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
Awesome! A job well done!

So, next up, a top speed run? Just asking. :3:

Excuse my ignorance, but what were the old records?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Couple of comments/questions:

1) That interior color is god-awful. I thought it was a Pagani for a minute there.
Reds tend to look horrible in some cameras. Compare the still to the video footage: video looks lipstick red and stills a more subtle Ferrari hue. :eek:

·
Registered
125 Posts
What a remarkable achievement!!! Well done to Mr. & Mrs. von Koenigsegg, as well as all other unsung heroes working for Koenigsegg. You have thoroughly deserved this!!! :biggrinbounce::trophy_bronze:

Looking forward to the videos coming soon...

Next up, the test for TOP SPEED hopefully...I'll keep my fingers crossed. :1:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Whats the cost of one of these? Not that I will be geting one but the lotery is a beatiful thing and so is this car! and If I win I will bring them together.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The more or less I look at this car the more I fall in love with it. I think its the best looking car I have ever seen. its just perfect!!! in every way. I would like to have two of them, incase one got a scratch!!!! and they would both be red!!!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts