BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally found some rims locally that would work and look ok on the beast. I had a friend mount and balance them today, what a PITA! In addition to the normal slim sidewall they are also run flat tires so they were quite stiff! The rims are Miglia 1000's and are 18x8's. Tires are P245/40R18 Blizzak snow and ice M03 run flats. I bought the tires on Craigslist "used" although they look brand new for $200 (all four). I found the rims on a local car forum and paid $200 for them. I think I did well as I sold a set of stock OEM 528i wheels (16") and blizzaks with 60% tread for $400 a week earlier.

Took her for a test drive in the snowy roads here in Buffalo, even visited a parking lot. WHAT A TANK! This thing is amazing in the snow! Now I can actually steer when drifting and playing in the snow :2:

Now I just need to clean them up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
They look good. I need to get some on mine. This morning I left work with 6" of fresh snow and my stock pilot sports. Made for an interesting drive to say the least.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I've been told the pilots are a joke on snow so the beast stays inside till the white stuff goes unless I can find some replacements at a decent price!

·
Registered
732 Posts
They look good. I need to get some on mine. This morning I left work with 6" of fresh snow and my stock pilot sports. Made for an interesting drive to say the least.
HAHA, reminds me of when I got my M5. I was bringing it home to MN from OK. I had to go through Iowa, which had just had a HUGE snow/ice storm the night before. So Z rated summer tires on icy interstate, was the WORST driving I have ever done, I would not wish that on anyone!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was unstoppable through Friday's snowstorm in MN with my Dunlop Winter Sport 3D.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Awesome!...that was quite a dumping, I had about 10" of snow on my driveway. I just can't drive mine this first year of ownership with all the salt on the roads. Plus the po said he hadn't driven in winter. So the '97 maxima is taking the beating.

edit - Hey we definitely need to have a MN meet come spring...noticing more and more MN people.

·
Registered
226 Posts
We are just staring to get snow here in Michigan. However, I do not plan on driving the car during the winter. I bet it would be fun though!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts