BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I'm new to the forums and this is my first time purchasing wheels for my car. I have a blue E60 M5 and I
was wondering if i could get the communities advice on purchasing a set of wheels. I'm looking for 20 inch whees Matte Black.
Theirs two companies and 2 wheels that im looking at and i was wondering if anyone had them and could tell me how they like it.

www.vmrwheels.com

The vmr V710s

Miro Wheels

The Miro type 111

Sorry there aren't any pictures on the post itself

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
IMHO, take a look at the HRE P40S.

Any finish you want. I went with satin black.

Just bought a set for my GT3RS and the wheels are awesome. Great forged wheel with killer weights.

Call my friend Ben at Wheels Botique (786)251-8922 and he'll take care of you.

Ranger

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
these are what i have on my car now... waiting to install my lip again to show them off in full view.

they are matte grey, and are rotary forged as light as HRE P40s they resemble.
Lord almighty! What kind of offset are you running in the back? That looks sick!

·
Registered
932 Posts
VMR makes a nice wheel.

I have a buddy who ran them for short term while waiting on his forged wheels and they held up well on the street. However he was running 18' with more tire protection.

You get what you pay for, and while i think you get a lot with VMR, you will always run the risk of bending.

·
Registered
932 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
i didnt rub before , but i went up a size wider and now i rub, but that can all be fixed with running a little more neg camber, and stiffen the rears a little. i was actually running +5 offset with the smaller tire and that worked out fine, but i wanted a wider tire.

my fronts are -15 offset no rub unless i go as low as possible

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think the Miro's are a great value for what they offer. The offset is quite aggressive for an M5, they're good on weight (the 20" weigh as much as our stock 19"s), and they look great.

If you're interested, I might be putting my set up for sale (20" type 111 in Matte black).

·
Registered
932 Posts
i didnt rub before , but i went up a size wider and now i rub, but that can all be fixed with running a little more neg camber, and stiffen the rears a little. i was actually running +5 offset with the smaller tire and that worked out fine, but i wanted a wider tire.

my fronts are -15 offset no rub unless i go as low as possible
What sizes and tires were you running that worked and now don't?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts