BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered these wheels from Modular Concept and have given me an absolute cracking deal, my question is what is the largest tyre option i can have with out any rubbing, ideally i would want a 295/30/20 rear, but know one does this size, i dont want 285 as my stock wheels already run this. Options are a 295/25/20 which i think is toooo low a profile or go up to 305/30/20. wheels should be with me in about 10 days so i need to order the tyres ASAP. all the help you can give would be great. Wheel size will be 9" up front and 10.5" rear lowered on H&R springs, cheers

My wheels will have the lips and fastners in Interlagos Blue and middle in Gloss Black, i know alot of people dont go for the coloured lips, but in the UK its a fairly new thing and i aint seen know one with it yet, so initial reaction should be interesting.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
dont do 25 profile as it will be too thin of a tire and will not look good unless your car is slammed to the ground.... 30 or 35 profile is low enough...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Beautiful wheel. They are pretty new.
Do not consider 295/25/20, it is too low of a rolling diameter and could mess up your car (ABS and tire sensors, increase revolutions and disparity)
If they presently make a 305/30/20? it is mildly taller than stock but okay.
Some members are running 305/25/20 with no problems. That's shorter than stock by 0.86".
25 profile will stand to make your ride harder and risk of wheel damage with a bad pothole.

Good luck and post pics when the wheels are on your car.

M5Ranger

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
From experience, the tire width will depend on your offset aswell...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Beautiful wheel. They are pretty new.
Do not consider 295/25/20, it is too low of a rolling diameter and could mess up your car (ABS and tire sensors, increase revolutions and disparity)
If they presently make a 305/30/20? it is mildly taller than stock but okay.
Some members are running 305/25/20 with no problems. That's shorter than stock by 0.86".
25 profile will stand to make your ride harder and risk of wheel damage with a bad pothole.

Good luck and post pics when the wheels are on your car.

M5Ranger
welcome back brother... :cheers:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
who sells those wheels in USA???

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pirelli P Zero comes in a 295/30/20.
For some reason i cant find a single outlet in the UK that lists this tyre, still looking as it is the perfect tyre combo for me, if there is any UK members reading and can recommend a shop that can supply this size, please let me know, cheers guys

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
For some reason i cant find a single outlet in the UK that lists this tyre, still looking as it is the perfect tyre combo for me, if there is any UK members reading and can recommend a shop that can supply this size, please let me know, cheers guys
That's annoying. Maybe give Pirelli a call and they will recommend
a place?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts