BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

My good friends on the E46 M3 side make a fantastic wheel for the M3 which I forced them into doing w/ champion wheel in S. Florida &now they want me to get together 10+ people who want an incredibly strong & light 20 inch wheel to design from scratch & build for the M5. There is no commitment just wanted to see what interest everyone would have.

take a look at their work so far at the following url:

www.racmonolites.com

Let me know by responding to this thread or e-mail me privately at:

[email protected]

This car is going to be special & it needs a special wheel.

PS I am leaning towards the RG5 w/ a lip.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you like me to explain why?

I can't stand when people know very little about a subject & put up stuff like this! AAARRRGGGHHH!

PS E Mail me privately so I can educate your poor soul.

PSS Some BBS wheels are VERY good, but 95% of the ones you can buy are just better than average.

Stevie said:
Better than BBS? Sure.........

Repeat that when 50% of motorracing worldwide and 100% of European performance car manufacturers are using YOUR products.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Re: Would you like me to explain why?

metalman said:
I can't stand when people know very little about a subject & put up stuff like this! AAARRRGGGHHH!

PSS Some BBS wheels are VERY good, but 95% of the ones you can buy are just better than average.
Don't poke if you can't take.

And feel free to educate the poor souls like me spending money on the strongest and lightest wheels available from a world renowned manufacturer..... We must all be idiots.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wasn't trying to poke.

didn't understand your comparison of the RG5 & the CH. They are completely different wheels.

Stevie said:
Don't poke if you can't take.

And feel free to educate the poor souls like me spending money on the strongest and lightest wheels available from a world renowned manufacturer..... We must all be idiots.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: Would you like me to explain why?

metalman said:

ouich not so polite when you post and solicit people to get into a group buy on a product that is very unheard of anywhere, and virtually no useful info on their website.

WRECKmonolites???

Educate us more publicly here on this forum if there is anything good about it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gd your a smartass!

For those who might care and not already know, RAC Monolites is a custom wheel builder, evolved from the mutal interest and pasion of two good friends and performance car enthusiasts.

RAC takes 40 combined years of sports car passion and directs all the best the industry has to offer toward custom wheels built to the specifications and design criteria of its' customers. This cutting edge approach is unique in this time of cookie cutter mentality. Simply put, there is no reason to not get it right the first time. There is no longer a reason to accept what the big mass production wheel houses want to offer you and tell you is the right fit and style for your car. There is no longer a reason to settle for multi-piece wheel offerings with marginal strength and of dubious quality that do not carry an industry certification for sale worldwide. Most importantly, there is no reason to overpay for lesser offerings when you can be involved in the design and developement of the best quality wheels money can buy,

RAC is forging one-piece wheels from T-6 hardened 6061 aluminum billet. The forging is accomplished on an 8000 Ton press. We should have called the company "overkill" because that is exactly what we deliver. The extreeme pressures of this type of one-piece design allows us to produce the strongest lightest wheel in the marketplace. The wheels are JWL and VIA certified for sale worldwide and also recevie further verification through independent laboratory testing. They are built to exact dimension and tolerances - ordinarily exhibiting less than .006 of an inch of lateral run-out.

As to design and finish, this is where we leave the pack and move into unchartered territory. We actually encourage participation from our friends and customers in order to design and impliment cutting edge results. Our heritage is in amature racing and motorsports, so our designs ultimately hark back to an agressive stance and classic race-inspired design. We also enjoy an inner cirlce of friends that share our passion and their involvement is equally instrumental in our final products.

Our goals are simple and straight-foward; no hidden agenda here. Having already built a variety of wheels for the E46M3 BMW, and presently building custom offerings for the Federal Lotus Elise, we now embark on an expansion of the same concepts, morals, and ideas. We get by with a little help from our friends.

We will be encouraging group participation. We will be entertaining any projects that direct our efforts to a worthwhile goal. Our ambition is to expand our product lines for only the most deserving sports GT's on the market today. We are presently directed toward several new M3 concepts as well as Corvette, Mustang, Nobel, and several other marks still in discusion. We can offer limitted run race quality wheels as easily as we can build stunning, light weight street applications.

Lastly, our results are accomplished through effort and passion. We have technical asistance from our production arm, Champion Motorsport. Yes, the same Champion Motorsport that dominates in ALMS and Speed World Challange and races worldwide. Yes, the same Champion Motorsport that is the worlds largest Porsche Audi dealership.While Champion Motorsports has set a new standard for quality and excellence in this industry, we have aligned ourselves with them as they allow us to benefit from their in-house design, engineering, manufactuing, and quality controls. The end results, well, find someone with an RG4 or and RS110 or take a look at the next Porsche that comes by with a set of RG19's and you will see for yourself what we are all about.

M! said:
ouich not so polite when you post and solicit people to get into a group buy on a product that is very unheard of anywhere, and virtually no useful info on their website.

WRECKmonolites???

Educate us more publicly here on this forum if there is anything good about it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
nice sale speach

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had heard about the wheel venture by Champion. It was in a article on forged wheels I believe in European Car, if this is the company involved, their wheels are strong. The article subjected wheels of differing construction to a side impact test, only a few survived and all that did were forged. I believe the process was high pressure and heat, Metalman could obviously confirm and elaborate if I am correct.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: Gd your a smartass!

i 2nd that and 2nd to all the rest :15:

metalman said:
...RAC takes 40 combined years of sports car passion ....blah blah blah blah blah
the M5board members has 200,000 combined years of sports car passion. :cheers:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright already, my beatings have scars!

Dinan, RAC, Champion, ect... are all relatives of SAC which is originally Speedline.

The wheels are Alum. Billet, Forged not cast, therefore are as strong & light as you can get except for Magnesium, which Speedline also makes for a Gazillion dollars!

I am in the Metals business & therefore know a little about what is strong in the aluminum arena.

Ideally 7050, 2124, 2024 or 7075 aluminum would be the strongest & lightest b/c you could make it thinnest but it is very hard to machine & is also very expensive & that is why you see most wheel co make their wheels from 6061.

chaos270 said:
I had heard about the wheel venture by Champion. It was in a article on forged wheels I believe in European Car, if this is the company involved, their wheels are strong. The article subjected wheels of differing construction to a side impact test, only a few survived and all that did were forged. I believe the process was high pressure and heat, Metalman could obviously confirm and elaborate if I am correct.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts