BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
But dailying an M5...priceless. Looking forward to it guys.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hey thanks to all those who came out (Ben, Jack, Clarke)- Weather held out and good times talkin' cars. I think it was fairly successful, no issues with parking and who doesn't like ChikFila? Hopefully next time we can get a few others to come out and shoot the s&*(

Should we try for next Saturday-June 24th?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'll be out of town on 24 June, but I'd do the meet again. Thanks for organizing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Jon for organizing this I had a great time and will definitely be available for next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Anyone up for Coffee & Chikfila (C&CFA hiha) this Saturday?

·
Registered
86 Posts
My M5 is going back to the shop to evaluate high oil temp and 911 is going in for annual service but I will show up in whatever loaner Porsche I have

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
May not be worth meeting if it's just 3 of us, and weather is looking iffy as well. They are calling for rain Saturday morning. I'll continue to monitor the weather and hoping some others join in so we can do this. I am sure a lot of people will be out next weekend leading up to July 4th. I know for sure i'll be out of town.

Edit (06/22/17): Forecast has AM Thunderstorms.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not sure if you guys saw the muffler delete thread, but I am meeting up with member ArgM8y on 7/1 at the Whole Foods near Springfield to hear his car sans muffler. Obviously you guys are welcome to join, although no CFA there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I may head up that way tomorrow to look at some 993s at Intersport. Someone talk me out of selling my car for a 993 or NSX. I've wanted one for 20+ years, but I only have a 2 car garage and I'm not making much progress talking my wife into moving so I can have a bigger garage. The other spot is taken up by an M3 track car and it's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I owned a NSX for 7 years and I currently own a 911 (997.2TT) in addition to the M5. Would be happy to give you a former owners perspective. I drive in the rain so if you want to meet up for breakfast at CFA I'm down.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Go for the 993 (and sell me your M5 if it's Caramel).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Widebody 993 > NSX > Narrowbody 993. I think all of them are a bad value at current prices. If you are very meticulous, I think 993 would be easier to own.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree, prices right now are not good, especially compared to several years ago when I also thought of picking one up. They do look to be softening for drivers though, which is what I want. Or I may wait and see if the 991.2 GT3 depresses 997 GT3 values. (Please...)

I've also been debating picking up a 996tt or a 997tt instead because I think they are a better value and would better replace the power of the M5. Main concern is I've never had a turbo car and I'm unsure if I'd like it. I'd love to talk to you about yours and check it out and discuss your NSX experience. Weather is looking good this weekend for a meetup.

The main thing that concerns me about the NSX is the lack of torque and having to rev it out to get anywhere. Some people find that fun but I don't really. It's the only thing that annoys me about my M3. So a supercharger would almost be a requirement.

Sorry, Griffon, no caramel. Complete black heritage.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had never owned a turbo car either, it took one pull in a 997TT to get me hooked. Will look forward to this weekend

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are we on for Saturday morning at CFA?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Have fun this weekend fellas, I can't make it. I'll be heading up to NY for a wedding and staying there for a week.

41 - 60 of 279 Posts