1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i fitted the PS2 tyre on my m5 in these sizes

Front: 255/35/19
Rear: 295/30/19

They fitted the car well.. very different driving the car is more stable has more grip on launch. Not very much tyre spin.

These are the SLR tyre size.. Much better for performance..

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
alsahher said:
i fitted the PS2 tyre on my m5 in these sizes

Front: 255/35/19
Rear: 295/30/19

They fitted the car well.. very different driving the car is more stable has more grip on launch. Not very much tyre spin.

These are the SLR tyre size.. Much better for performance..
Your sizes are about one inch smaller diameter than OEM - what differences do you notice from that? I've heard great things about the Michelin PS2 tires. So much so that I'm considering going with them in a 'plus one' configuration. How is the ride, noise, turn-in response, etc.?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wolverine said:
Your sizes are about one inch smaller diameter than OEM - what differences do you notice from that? I've heard great things about the Michelin PS2 tires. So much so that I'm considering going with them in a 'plus one' configuration. How is the ride, noise, turn-in response, etc.?
The ride is more stable than the stock tyres i feel that am going to lose the rear in any minute bit with these tyres there is more grip.. i feel thes PS2 are more quiter.. the turning response is better..

·
Registered
540 Posts
I still wonder why all early test cars had PS2's, and then they dissapeared and now only Conti 2's are seen

Anybody know wht the Ring Taxi has on, since the stickers say Michelin on the body

Also Michelin is BMW's Formula 1 partner, so its strange they are not using the PS2 for customer M5's

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
SuperBMW said:
I still wonder why all early test cars had PS2's, and then they dissapeared and now only Conti 2's are seen

Anybody know wht the Ring Taxi has on, since the stickers say Michelin on the body

Also Michelin is BMW's Formula 1 partner, so its strange they are not using the PS2 for customer M5's
Well, the PS2's are over $400 more for the set of 4.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on the new rubber- I've always felt the stock tires were too thick and made the "M" wheels on the M5 look too small.:rolleyes: The only good I see them for is their ability to minimize pothole damage, which if you can afford an M5 then you can afford to fix the wheels when they are damaged. I had an 02' M3
with 19 inch Schnitzers and I could never imagine them with larger 40 and 35 series tires- it would have been way to ugly.:sad2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.