BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After months of waiting for delivery, my new TUBI Rumore arrived while I was out of the country. Having arranged collection, install and delivery of my car while I was away - I was eager to check it out.

Attached are the clips of what I found. I could not get out during the day, but the clips give an initial idea of the sound levels.

I will be posting some proper clips and pics of it in due course.

Clip 1: Cold start pulling our of the garage
Clip 2: Cold start tick over
Clip 3: Warming up a little
Clip 4: Warmed up

I can say it certainly gets heads turning as you drive along between 2300-3500 revs +

Verdict to follow once I have "driven it properly" - the fuel needle does move... whether it me testing the exhaust/sound levels or as a result of the exhaust being changed - its premature to say.

More to follow...

rgds

Was!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
BRAVO! :thumbsup:

Couldn't get the links to work - maybe everyone's downloading at once - I'll try later.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
cool.. nice one dude.. will have to pop around and have a 1st hand listen to the zorst! :D when my car's back :haha:

u back from the US?

Tin

·
Banned
386 Posts
cant get it either...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep - my bandwidth is being hammered, so guess everyone is trying at the same time.

Here are links for the above clips that have been zipped:

CLIP1 - ZIP file (9,166KB)
CLIP2 - ZIP file (3,154KB)
CLIP3 - ZIP file (3,279KB)
CLIP4 - ZIP file (1,609KB)

Just right-click and save target as ...

I know some guys have been able to get the clips.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Clip 4 sounds downright manacing. :thumbsup: Contrats on the new exhaust.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Whizzkid11 said:
Yep - my bandwidth is being hammered, so guess everyone is trying at the same time.

Here are links for the above clips that have been zipped:

CLIP1 - ZIP file (9,166KB)
CLIP2 - ZIP file (3,154KB)
CLIP3 - ZIP file (3,279KB)
CLIP4 - ZIP file (1,609KB)

Just right-click and save target as ...

I know some guys have been able to get the clips.
Im Co-hosting the clips all in one file.
http://defense.nu/Whizzkid11.zip
Please click the above link, do not "save target as" och "open in new window"

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Although I think you can't say exactl how they sound by revving at idel, I think we need soem 2,3rd shifts at ful lacclleration passing the camera :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
nice 'n loud like the kelleners, but with a small degree of raspy sophistication and lingering afterburner.. do the tubi tips still look like mcdonalds straws or are these new 'Rumore' types sufficently beefed up to match the meaner more aggressive noise ?

and there was me thinking of a single exhaust conversion.. :7:

B

·
0 Posts
Very nice sound, which is very similar to the Kelleners and Eisenmann Race exhausts. It will be beneficial to hear some clips while the car is in motion, and powering through the rev-band. Attaching a small digital camera to the rear bumper is the best way to achieve good results.

I still personally prefer the sound of the regular Tubi, but the Rumore Tubi does sound very similar to the Kelleners and Eisenmann. If the Rumore Tubi will provide improvements in HP and throttle response, similar to the regular Tubi, then it will provide the Kelleners/Eisenmann fans with a great alternative.

Cheers, Daniel.

B

·
0 Posts
Úbermensch said:
nice 'n loud like the kelleners, but with a small degree of raspy sophistication and lingering afterburner.. do the tubi tips still look like mcdonalds straws or are these new 'Rumore' types sufficently beefed up to match the meaner more aggressive noise ?

and there was me thinking of a single exhaust conversion.. :7:
The regular Tubi has tips that are 80mm in diameter:

The stock tips at 72mm are tiny in comparison.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nice one Was, look forward to hearing it in person saturday.

Didnt realise the one you went for was the louder one....

What was all that "hmm, thats too loud for me foxy" when listening to mine!

hehehhe hiha

1 - 20 of 43 Posts