BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals ive just collected my new to me 2000 M5 in silverstone blue with full comms pack etc.

It is an awesome piece of kit that drinks fuel like no ones business but who cares im having fun.

I also own a Lexus 2003 SC430 in black with 19" wheels as my posing car.

I bought the M5 after a good freind of mine who owns one himself overtook me in my Lexus at warp speed and made me look slow, so i went out and bought one too.

Good forum btw been reading a couple of days now..........take care

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
seany said:
...I bought the M5 after a good freind of mine who owns one himself overtook me in my Lexus at warp speed and made me look slow, so i went out and bought one too.

Good forum btw been reading a couple of days now..........take care

Sean
Congrats!

Nice to have such luxuries... the SC430 is the only lexus I would consider buying as a fun car...

Welcome to the forum btw - you will find a wealth of knowledge (more than any BMW dealership in the world) here which is specific to the M5 - UK M5 members of this forum also tend to be members of the bm3w.co.uk - where there are more UK specific M5 issues...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate, the Lexus is a lovely motor btw


Electric folding roof and all the toys!

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Welcome Seany, I'd be interested in a comparo of the Mster with the Lexus as I assume that it is pretty close to the GS430. I tried to buy my wife the Lex but she prefers a (yecch) minivan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jaeger said:
Welcome Seany, I'd be interested in a comparo of the Mster with the Lexus as I assume that it is pretty close to the GS430. I tried to buy my wife the Lex but she prefers a (yecch) minivan.
The Sc better than the GS due to having a hard top folding roof imo.

I havent ever owned a GS so its only my opinion btw.

I like the attention the Lexus recieves when the tops down in the summer but nothing compares to the power the M5 has i would go so far as to say its more fun then my ZX7R.

Two totally different types of cars ones a sports car that will take the family out and the others a convertible that handles like a barge!

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
seany said:
Hi guys and gals ive just collected my new to me 2000 M5 in silverstone blue with full comms pack etc.

It is an awesome piece of kit that drinks fuel like no ones business but who cares im having fun.

I also own a Lexus 2003 SC430 in black with 19" wheels as my posing car.

I bought the M5 after a good freind of mine who owns one himself overtook me in my Lexus at warp speed and made me look slow, so i went out and bought one too.

Good forum btw been reading a couple of days now..........take care

Sean
I will toast to you this evening,congrats my friend on your new love affair. Have Fun and Live to Drive:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
Hey Sean, welcome to the wild side. The SC430 is a really nice car, BUT it ain't no M. :biggrin: Two different animals.

Good luck and have fun
Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
Congrats & welcome to the board.

We have a number of members from Wiltshire on the board (but I won't say who). You guys should arrange a meet in Swindon someday. Alternatively, come along for one of our London meets - always a good way to spend an afternoon :byebye:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top